NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

How to Add an exception to Avira 10 on Vista/7.

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

Post by Yandols » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:41 am

Step 1 - Determining what version Avira is.

The easiest way of determining what version of your Avira is, is by looking at its icon.
If you have this icon: then your version is Avira 9. And this is the icon of Avira 10 .

Step 2 - Determining the path to your files.

Everything has a path, for this tutorial I'm going to use my Garena Universal Maphack as an example.

1 is the the folder where my program is stored. 2 is the address bar showing how deep the folder of my program is stored in the folder "Dota Yotem".

Step 3 - Configuring Avira 10.

Right click on your Avira Icon in the taskbar and select "Configure AntiVir".

Check on the "Expert Mode" Box.
This will enable you to add an exception to your Avira.

Step 4 - Adding an exception.

Remember in Step 2 where I specified what 2 is? This is where we use it.

Go back to the folder of your program and right click on 2 (the address bar), then click on "Copy Address as Text".

Now go back to the Avira Configurations window and Paste that into the Box E1, then click on "Add >>" (E2). Then press "OK" (E3).
Note: If your path does not have a backslash (\), you have to add it to the end of the path.
So if your path is "C:\Users\Yandols\Desktop\DotA Yotem\Garena Universal MapHack v10", It should be "C:\Users\Yandols\Desktop\DotA Yotem\Garena Universal MapHack v10\", without the quotes.

Step 5 - Testing it out.

After you have configured your exception, go back to the folder of your program and test it out.

As you can see it has properly lauched now and is not being disturbed by Avira.

This method works for various programs and games. Try it out yourself.

Important Notes.

DO NOT attempt to add an exception to very important areas or root areas, such as C:\ or C:\Windows\ .
This can compromise your system if you routinely install new programs and visit unfamiliar websites!

Written by,
SkyStelar.
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Return to “Other Gaming Support”