NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

P.H.A.S.E.

Topic author
Saechika
Articles:0
P.H.A.S.E.

Post by Saechika » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 am

Chapter 10 - Siege
Show

Our boat makes a short leap before crashing down onto the waves, the speed of the boat causing it to jump when coming in contact with a big wave. All nine of us sat quietly, not making a sound. Even Jiyu and Keiji aren't making a sound. I suppose now that they're not confident about the 'truth', they're doing their best to think things over.

"Come on, can't we go any faster!?" Jiyu urged.

"I understand the situation, but we're going at almost twice the speed compared to when we were heading to the island! We're almost there, just hold tight!" the driver replied.

Jiyu sighed and regained his composure. Indeed, we're almost there. But we have to teleport all the way back to the school. I don't know if we can make it.

"G. Once we reach the school, it's going to be war." Keiji said while staring straight ahead.

"I know. What's the plan?" Jiyu asked.

"You make it. You're the tactician now. My job is only to lead you all." Keiji retorted.

"Alright. Let's see. What kind of war... if they're going to attack the Security Department, then the other students will be in danger as well. Everyone is present for the vice-principal's dinner. It's going to be bad." Jiyu worried.

"We don't need a plan. We're just going to barge in and go buckwild." Jiyu concluded.

"I'm starting to wonder why were you even chosen for this job." Keiji sweatdropped.

"We're near land! Ahoy!" the driver yelled.

All of us nodded at each other and proceeded to brace ourselves. It's time to destroy the Error threat.

"Kaitou, do you have enough energy to sustain the teleportation?" Keiji looked behind at Kaitou.

"I can try. The maximum distance I can teleport is 1 mile at one go, but I'm not sure if I can keep doing it until we reach the school." Kaitou informed.

"In short, trying to cover the distance from Kanagawa to Tokyo, I don't think we can actually hold out that long. We need to prepare a method of transport in case Kaitou runs out of energy." Sonic added.

Keiji pondered the possibilities of reaching the school in time, his brain calculating various plans and methods. Leave it to the genius. Jiyu, on the other hand, is busy preparing himself by drinking his herbal chicken bone soup. I never knew he brought that along with us.

"I hope this will be the last fight." Ringo muttered.

"Let's make sure it's the last." Jiyu replied.

"Yeah. We have to make sure all those Errors know who's boss. Without Miki to command them, there's only Joker left. They'll be falling apart." Akito brightened up.

"No..."

All of us turned to look at me and Miki, wondering why she said that.

"Joker's working for someone else. I don't know who, I was kept out of the dark. But he's someone wealthy, with power. He's got political power."

"I see. This guy must be a cracko after world domination. Let's own him." Django growled.

As the boat makes one final jump before crashing onto the beach, all of us stop talking and prepare ourselves. A short moment after landing, after calming ourselves down, we jump off the boat one by one.

"Thanks, Nara." Jiyu thanked the driver.

"No problem. I wish I still had my psych, but I returned it. You guys go protect our school." Nara ordered.

"You have my word." Keiji nodded.

All of us nodded at Nara and proceeded to gather around Kaitou, ready to teleport.

"Let's go." Kaitou spoke up.

I slowly feel my body becoming lighter, moving to another place, my surroundings begin to warp, and disappear. Everything goes back to normal. And all of a sudden, we're at another place, completely different. Nowhere near the beach.
An explosion rocks the top of the Security Department, causing rubble to fall down. The sewer is full of rocks and rubble, and Errors are flying all around, bombarding the place with their arm cannons.

"Tch, this is getting outta hand!" a Security Department officer yelled as he unleashed his unknown psych, causing one of the Errors to lose her flying altitude and crash into the wall. He wore a completely black uniform, with no colored lines.

"This is why I told you guys to strengthen the roof! You guys are sooooo freakin' lazy!" another officer yelled. He wore the exact same attire as the first one.

"Ah shaddup Zeph! How about you stop slacking your bottom off!?" the other shot back.

"I'm tryin' to, Fenrir! What? You think I'm like Rabbit over there?"

"What do you mean Rabbit. It's Rebi. Get it right already." a boy younger than them sweatdropped. His uniform has blue lines, suggesting that he is a member of Division Y, Sonic's division.

"Boys, stop fighting and get owning!" a girl jumped out of nowhere and kicked the two former officers in their backs.

"Ow! That friggin' hurt, Saki!" Fenrir grumbled.

"Shaddup Fenrir! You too, Z! Get to work already!"

Zephyr, the first officer, and Fenrir, both grunted and continued their battle with the Errors, trying to stop them from causing more harm.

'It'll only be a matter of time before Zeph and I run out of energy. We cannot possibly handle 20 Errors at one go. Heck, we're lucky these Errors don't even bother attacking us.' Fenrir thought to himself.

"I tell you, Saki! These guys are flooding through the entrance! We can't get out!" Rebi yelled as his fingers tapped madly on the keyboard of his laptop.

"Back door's been sealed, you megane freak. What do you want me to do? Bust it open?" she kicked him in the head.

"Oi Saki, I can see your panties." Zephyr looked at her.

"Shut up. I'm wearing gym shorts, so don't try to earn a beating from me, you masochist." Saki shot back.

"How cruel..." Zephyr went into emo mode and went on all fours, going into a state of depression.

"Dude, you just seriously suck at this." Fenrir sweatdropped.

The girl looked back and forth at Fenrir and Zephyr, observing them.

"How come you boys have black outfits? None of the Ten Divisions have completely black uniforms." Saki wondered.

"You guys part of a nerd club?" she finished.

Both boys fell down comically before standing up again.

"As if, we're part of the Security Division ITSELF. Division X focuses on frontline battling, we only do battle when Division X isn't around. We're like, you know, combat experts." Fenrir grinned.

"Yeah. Oh and Saki, you sure need to work out some more. Want me to teach you how to fight?" Zephyr flirted.

"Shut up you masochist. So in the end, you're not just nerds huh?" Saki wondered.

"Yep. Good that you know, girl." Fenrir smirked.

"You guys are combat nerds. My bad. Got it wrong."

The two boys fell down again, taken aback by Saki's answer.

"Guys, we need to take care of these Errors, fast. If they keep on swarming in like this, we're doomed." Rebi bited on his thumb, thinking of a plan.

"Tch, where are the other assholes from your so called Security Division anyway?" Saki yelled at Fenrir and Zephyr.

"They said they wanted to grab a cheeseburger at McFlint's." Zephyr explained as he stared into blank space, searching for the answer.

"Not that, jackass!" Fenrir kicked him into the wall.

"They're helping the people evacuate to the above ground, but we haven't heard of them yet." Fenrir replied to Saki's question.

"In short, we're the only ones who can do combat here?" Saki gasped.

"You're not doing any work, so zip it." Fenrir sweatdropped.

"I didn't bring my weapon and my uniform." Saki shrugged.

"Want me to help you change?" Zephyr brightened up.

"Shut up, you damn masochist." Saki kicked Zephyr in the gut, sending him sprawling on the ground.

Fenrir noticed a nearby Error about to attack the fallen Zephyr, causing him to react and send her flying in a different direction.

"Not today, buddy." Fenrir muttered.
The S Class school building, housing the best students of the school, along with the best teachers. Since most teachers are not around, the Vice-Principal and Principal have managed to lock themselves in the Vice-principal's office; with the both of them leaving the task of protecting the school students attending the dinner to the teachers.

Right now, the teachers and senior students involved with the Security Department are present in the Dining Hall, where the S Class students usually hold their 'rich people's dinner'; fighting off the Errors that threaten to destroy them.

"How's the status with the students in the Department?" one of the male teachers shouted to Saotome-sensei, who was busy fighting off an Error.

"Not sure, Nakajima. We can only hope the Security Division can handle them." Saotome-sensei replied as she pushed the Error back with an invisible power, sending the Error flying.

A whole bunch of students from all years cuddled up behind the teachers, unsure of what was going on around them.

"W-what's going on?" a female student wondered out loud.

"W-why do the teachers have special powers? Are they a-a-aliens?" another followed.

"No."

Both female students turned to look at a young man wearing glasses, with long, silky black hair that reached his shoulders and blood red eyes similiar to that of Jiyu. He smiled at them and proceeded to assure them with his words.

"They're psych users."

"They're psychics?" the first female asked.

"No, not really. Psych, used here, does not mean Psychic, but rather the power granted to them with the advancement in technology that takes shape using the mind. The stronger your imagination, the better your power."

"So, it's like a psychic." the second sweatdropped.

"A Psychic is someone who's born with the power, but a Psych user is someone who's granted the power from the data technology that we have now. It's almost the same, but remember the terms used." the young man explained.

"I see... so sensei and the other students there have special powers?"

"Indeed."

The boy begins to explain to the students about the war between the Error and the humans, telling them about the many things that have happened.

"Hey, Saotome. That boy..." Nakajima noticed.

"Yeah."

"How come he's not fighting?"

"The boy has orders." she replied almost instantly as she repelled an Error away with her psych.

Nakajima exchanged blows with an Error and decapitated her easily, using his Psych, Fatal Blow, to deactivate her core by severing one of the wires. Being the head of the Science Department, this is an easy job for him.

"Nakajima! Saotome!"

Both teachers turned to see another teacher running towards them. He wore glasses, and his hair covered most of his right eye. He looks to be in his mid-twenties.

"Ah, Nura. How's the Department?"

"I couldn't get close enough. They have sensor Androids with them. The evacuated students were being taken to somewhere, I assume they're planning to hold them hostage."

"What?"

As if answering to that, a sound boomed in the loudspeaker, distorted by a certain application to make it unrecognizable. All fighters immediately stopped fighting to listen to what the voice had to say.

"All of you, listen up! We have several students from the Security Department in our hands! I want all fighters to put down their hands and let the Errors restrain you. One wrong move, and you all die. Students will be given handcuffs, Psych users will be given energy-cuffs. Now get to work, Errors!"

The commander of the Errors tuned out after that, and all the Psych users who were fighting in the hall immediately put down their hands, not willing to risk the safety of those in the building.

"What now, Saotome?" Nakajima whispered to Saotome.

"The energy-cuffs will disable our Psychs. We cannot rely on them." She whispered back.

"Looks like I was too late." Nura sighed.

"Do not blame yourself, Nura. We still have hope." Saotome glared at the Errors who approached them.
"I'm... out of energy..." Kaitou collapsed.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!?"

Someone insert one of those epic fail moment musics into this situation.

"Duuuude! We've just reached the border! We still have to make our way to the school!" Jiyu panicked.

"Sorry bro... this is as far as I go..." Kaitou faded into unconsciousness.

Everyone stared at him with their mouths wide open, still trying to cope with the current situation. We had teleported all the way from Kanagawa to the borders of Tokyo, with Kaitou getting almost no rest at all. He seemed to be fine, and we even stopped by McFlint's for some food. Well, please don't ask me how we even had the mood to eat.

But now, he collapses all of a sudden.

"He must've used up all his energy without even noticing." Keiji concluded.

"What. How does that even work?" I doubted.

"I don't know, don't ask me." Keiji shrugged.

Irresponsible asshole.

"Now what?" I questioned.

"We catch a train." Jiyu grinned.

"Heh. I think I can do that." Sonic smirked.
Zephyr, Fenrir, Saki and Rebi walked in the dark, abandoned sewer, climbing up and down small mountains of rubble. Their only light source was a small flashlight that Fenrir possessed.

"Tch... never thought they'd self-destruct and collapse the whole place." Fenrir growled as he flashed the area around him, searching for signs of danger.

"No choice. Right now we have to get to the emergency hatch." Zephyr sighed.

"True."

The continued walking down a mountain of rubble, jumping off when they were near the ground.

"Are we the only ones here?" Saki asked as they continued walking in the dark.

"Apparently not. While most of the students had evacuated, I'm sure there are a few combatants who're still trapped here." Rebi said analytically.

Saki sighed in relief.

The four of them turned at the main junction and walked into the central area, which now lies in ruins.

"My goodness..." Saki gasped in horror.

"I can't believe that kamikaze attack rocked the entire place until things got THIS bad..." Zephyr added.

"Tch, looks like those guys really want us all dead." Fenrir kicked a rock.

Rebi sighed and comtinued tapping on his computer, running a program that acted as a radar of sorts. A few moments pass by as his three companions look around the place, and he finally gets some results.

"Hey guys, I got something."

The two boys ran towards him immediately, whilst Saki was still looking around her, acting as if she didn't care.

"Sup Rabbit." Zephyr greeted.

Rebi sighed, not in the mood to play along with Zephyr's jokes.

"Look, I've detected a couple of data remains in this place. Our barriers and everything may have been brought down, but the data that we stored is still safe. In our surroudings. Computers may be gone, but due to the data field that covered the world and brought us to a new era of technology 20 years ago, the data has been released into our surroundings."

"What's that gotta do with us? Megane boy?" Saki retorted.

"Just shut the hell up for one moment will you?" Fenrir snapped.

Saki gulped and went back to looking around.

"We can still retrieve whatever data that we still have. All the researches and experiments that we did will not go to waste." Rebi grinned.

"That's good. If we can retrieve the Psych Creation Data, we can still create more Psychs and look for compatibles in the school. We can launch a counterattack!"

"I'm afraid that won't be happening for now."

A voice interrupts their conversation, a chilling, cold voice. Belonging to a young man.

"You see, you guys aren't gonna make it out here alive. Emergency hatch is shut off, and they'll be lying in ambush. You won't make it. The rubble at the entrance has been cleared, but you'll have to fight the Errors off to get to the main entrance."

The four looked at the mysterious person, shrouded in darkness.

"You're coming with me." the young man smirked in the darkness.

"You... what are you doing here?" Fenrir gasped in shock.

The man chuckled.

"That. You will find out soon."
The students and teachers sat in the dining hall, bound by handcuffs. The Errors stood lifelessly in front of them, staring at them as if they were mortal enemies; ready to make a move should anyone try to do something funny.

"Where are they?" Nakajima whispered.

"I have no idea. They should be back by now." Saotome hissed.

"If only the five of them were here, things wouldn't turn out like this." Nura sighed.

"Five? Are you still hoping that your five heroes will show up? Keep dreaming!"

The three teachers turned to look at Akumano Roku, an S Class student. He's been given a Psych illegally. All students in S class are aware of the war, but not many participate. There are some like Roku who use Psychs for personal gains. He used his money to threaten the Department to get one, a sick wacko.

"With my mind-control Psych, I can defeat your five little heroes with little effort!" he bragged.

"Akumano, your pride is intoxicating." Saotome shot back at him.

"Haaah? What was that, woman? I can mind control you right now and have you destroy your own students with your power, and you couldn't do shit about it!" he spat.

"Shut up, Aku. Your voice reaches all the way over here."

Akumano turned around to look at his fellow S Class student, Kaku Yakuza.

"The hell do you want? Kaku? Wanna brawl?"

"Like I said, just shut up. Your primitive brain makes me sick. I wonder how you even got in S class in the first place, you ape."

Akumano fumed with anger at that sentence, obviously he had not been talked to like that in his whole life.

"I've long wanted to kill your bloody babyface, Kaku. Why don't we settle this now!?" he roared.

"Both of you cut it out." an Error spoke up.

Both of them quit their arguement instantly, not even bothering to continue. The Error that managed to shut both boys up is a different Error, this one wears a full suit of armor. They are the mysterious Commander's elite units, and only three of them exist. They are known as Trials instead of Errors.

"If you both do not shut up, I'll remove your tongues from you." the Trial continued.

"Tch... that..." Akumano began to curse.

The Trial shot him a look that caused his mouth to close shut.

"Hmph... they're here."

"!!!"

All teachers and Psych users looked at the entrance of the Dining Hall, wondering what could have made it to the Trial's radar.

"They're back. All Errors, prepare for battle."

The Errors morphed their arms into their arm cannons and stood by at their positions, ready to shoot. They waited, and waited, and waited. Several moments, nothing happened, until...

"PARTY TIME!"

The sound of the yell was accompanied by a powerful explosion that rocked the entire building, blasting the door off it's hinges in the process. Without having the chance to react, several Errors were all shot down by red energy arrows aimed at their cores. Those that stood behind the front lines were taken aback, and were soon subjected to heavy gunfire.

The bullets came from the door, and the Trials, Errors, and two S Class boys were forced to defend themselves against the heavy firestorm.

"Geez, you guys are slow. Just do THIS!"

A powerful shot of compressed solar energy followed, causing a small explosion that blasted away 4 Errors that were standing near it.

"See that? That's how you do it." Django said as the smoke cleared up to reveal the nine students standing at the door.

Kazuma scanned his surroundings, identifying three Trials, two humans, and seven remaining Errors.

"Leave this to me." Kazuma declared as he stepped forward.

"Be my guest." Keiji smiled and moved behind.

"Looks like I'll need some cover." Kazuma concluded as he clenched his fist. His fist glowed with a blue light, coming from his laser Psych.

"Nah. Be a cyborg Franky." Jiyu encouraged.

Kazuma grinned, and proceeded to thrust his open palms forward, firing two lasers that nailed two Errors in their heart. They instantly collapsed and ran out of power.

Three Errors ran towards him, but well timed shots from Akito and Jiyu managed to clip their legs, interfering with their run. Kazuma took the chance to form laser spears from his gloves and threw them towards the Errors, impaling them.

"That's five. What about the remaining two?" Kazuma challenged.

The two Errors took the bait and charged forward, but they had already fallen into the trap. Kazuma created several laser balls all around them and clenched his fist, causing the laser balls to explode and completely obliterate the two remaining Errors.

The teachers and students noted this increase in power.

"That boy... has he reached level 2 already?" Nakajima noted.

"No. That is but halfway to it. To think he would progress this much in just a couple of weeks." Saotome admired.

"Phew~ that's almost all of em." Jiyu stretched.

"Now it's three Trials, and two S Class boys. This will be fun." Keiji smirked.

"Do not get cocky, Division X." a Trial spoke up.

"Huh? What's that? I couldn't hear you. There're too many trial and errors in my brain." Jiyu mocked.

One Trial immediately vanished from sight, reappearing behind Jiyu moments later to handcuff him.

"Wha-"

"!!!"

Keiji and Kazuma, who were aware of the imminent danger, immediately tried to react, but the Trial handcuffed them both with blinding speed. She proceeded to do the same for the rest of the members, until all of them were cuffed.

"Don't get me wrong, I have orders. If I could, I would've terminated you all already." the Trial threatened.

All of them stood there speechless, stunned at what had just happened.

'This one... no doubt, a Trial. Even I had just heard rumours about them.' Keiji thought.

'So THIS is a Trial... she surpasses even an Error, that's for sure.' Kazuma confirmed.

'Bad... and we just started to party.' Jiyu grumbled telepathically.

"All of you, get in." the Trial ordered.

"Make any funny moves, and all of you lose your heads." she added.

The nine students gulped and proceeded to walk inside and join the captives. They sat down beside their teachers, no doubt wanting to start a discussion.

"Sorry, sensei. I was careless about the Trials." Keiji apologized.

"Worry not, Keiji. We still have hope." Saotome assured.

"Hah! What hope!? Your eight heroes plus that traitor have been captured already!" Akumano laughed.

Saotome could only chuckle at such a naive thought.

"I mentioned five heroes, not nine. I obviously wasn't talking about these kids." she smirked.

"Sensei, that sort of hurts my feelings." Jiyu sweatdropped.

"Saotome, could it be?" Nakajima wondered.

Saotome nodded, and continued to wait patiently for her mentioned heroes. The nine students looked at each other, wondering who could those heroes be.

"I think I have a general idea of who she's waiting for." Keiji spoke up.

"Tell me. I'll download a Visual Novel for half the price if you do." Sonic bribed.

"LOL. OKAY WHY NOT." Keiji laughed.

A Trial glared at him, but Keiji returned the glare, challenging her. The Trial deemed it futile, due to being restricted by her order. She continues to observe the other students.

"Geez, don't be so easy on him. You should force him to tell you." Miki instructed Sonic.

"Okay, I will. No more half price for you Kei."

"What the- Miki!"

Miki and Ringo giggled at that.

"Well, childhood memories come in handy." Jiyu noted.

"So Kei, tell us. Who's the five heroes? Not Division X?" Akito wondered.

"You guys sure are proud of yourselves considering how much you sucked back there. Some heroes." Saotome muttered to herself.

The nine students sweatdropped when they heard that.

"So Kei, who are they?" Jiyu continued.

"The legendary, strongest fighters of the Security Department. I heard that just a month after they received their weapons and Psychs in our war, they managed to shoot up to the top of the ranking, and became the strongest."

"Whoa..." everyone listened attentively, even the nearby normal students.

"Their group consists of three females, and two males. But don't be fooled, they're our school's combat prodigies."

"Just tell us who already." Jiyu snapped.

As Keiji opened his mouth to say so, a powerful yell erupted from the outside of the Dining Hall.

"HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYONE!"

Everyone inside turned to look at the door of the Dining Hall.

"You guys shouldn't worry about the hostages, we've already rescued them!" the voice continued. It appears to be the same dark cold voice belonging to the man that Fenrir's group met in the underground HQ. This time, the person is using a megaphone.

Everyone started murmuring and whispering to each other, exchanging thoughts of confusion or relief.

"Right now, Fenrir's group is taking care of them, so all teachers, relax; and leave this battle to us! The Five Generals!" the voice cheered.

Once again, people started whispering to each other.

"Yep. The Five Generals. They're the strongest combat geniuses this school has." Keiji explained.

"Now you see, they can easily handle an Error. This will be over." Saotome grinned.

A young man walked into the Dining Hall, catching the attention of everyone present. With his white, messy hair and purple eyes. He had a confident grin on his face, and he carried a katana with him. Behind him was a tanto, visibly seen.

"Chiisu, Saotome-sensei." the man greeted.

"Sho. Where have you been?"

"I've been working. So I didn't have time to come to school. That was, until Mayu called me." Sho explained.

Kirihara Sho, known as Nirvana. His epithet is the Gale Ripper.

"Gale Ripper, Kirihara Sho, AKA Nirvana." a Trial observed.

"Wow, fantastic! You actually did your homework didn't you?" Sho shot a wink at the Trial.

"Nirvana, stop fooling around."

The nine students recognized that voice, it belonged to someone familiar. Someone they've known for quite some time.

Saotome Reiko walked in, with a young girl tagging along behind her. Beside her, a tall girl with beautiful black hair and brown eyes walked. She carried a halberd, and exerted an aura of power similiar to Sara.

General Sara and General Ichido Mayune, codenamed Mayu. Sara is the leader and strongest of the Five Generals, whilst her right-hand woman is General Mayune, the most responsible General.

"Oh, Sara. Chiisu! Didn't hear from you in a few weeks." Sho grinned.

A Trial behind him attempted to slash him with her arm blade, with his attention diverted. But the blade clashed with an invisible barrier that automatically rejected the Trial, causing her to fall over.

"Sho, it took me forever to get to your phone. What's wrong with it?" Mayune grumbled.

"Sorry boss. I didn't notice."

Sho stopped talking as he noticed the young girl hiding behind Sara.

"Oh, Hikari! Chiisu!" Sho waved.

"Stupid." was her reply.

The youngest and quietest of The Five Generals, General Shizuma Hikari. At the age of 14, the youngest fighter of her year, and also the strongest. She has long, silver hair and blood red eyes, similiar to Jiyu's as well.

"What's with everyone and red eyes in this place?" Keiji noted.

"Don't ask me. My eyes grew red because of THAT incident, you know." Jiyu rolled his eyes.

"Come on now, it's been a while since we met. How are you?" Sho smiled at her.

"Fine. Been better." Hikari replied almost instantly.

Sho nodded his approval slowly, understanding the situation of his comrade.

"So, where's Rui?" Sho asked.

"I thought he was with you." Mayune's eyes widened in shock.

"Rui? Is she pretty?" Sonic wondered with curiosity.

"Kei, I thought you said three females only." Jiyu sweatdropped.

"I did. Rui is this guy's codename. It's derived from his original name and another internet thing that happened between the Five Generals. They're all quite close, so it got stuck with them."

"How come you know so much?" Jiyu stared at him.

"Sara told me."

"You never tell us anything do you?" Kazuma rolled his eyes.

"Eeeeh. Sorry dudes." Keiji apologized.

"Rui's over here." Saotome pointed to the group of students behind her.

All eyes went to that direction, looking for the individual named Rui. The boy with the long black hair, glasses and red eyes stood up.

"Oh. He has red eyes as well." Keiji noted.

"This guy looks cool. I like that long black hair he has. Makes him look a little feminine." Jiyu nodded his approval.

"What, you like looking feminine?" Kazuma chuckled.

"Just a little bit." Jiyu shrugged.

Rui looked at his four comrades and smiled at them.

"I got caught!" he exclaimed.

"DON'T BE SO PROUD OF IT!" Sho snapped at him.

Sara sighed, Hikari facepalmed, and Mayune gave him a general annoyed manga look. Everyone else sweatdropped.

Shusui Saechika, nicknamed Rui by his two friends Mayu and Sho. He is the 'slave' of the Five Generals, being forced to take care of many things. Many often mistake him for a girl because of his long hair and glasses.

"Sorry sorry. Do you need me?"

"Yes, Rui. We need all the Generals to win this war." Sara explained.

"Oh okay."

Rui shrugged and easily unlocked his handcuffs by stretching his arms, causing the normal students to look at him in shock.

"What-" Keiji opened his mouth.

Jiyu, Kazuma, Akito and Ringo made one of those super shocked faces you would see in Gintama, whereas Django, Kaitou and Sonic completely lost their minds.

"He forged a key for his cuffs using his Psych. Don't be surprised." Saotome assured.

Everyone calmed down and gave out sighs of relief, relieved that Rui wasn't some kind of monster by chance.

The Trials looked on at Rui as he walked towards his fellow generals, smiling leisurely. While doing so, Rui takes off his glasses and puts them in his pocket.

"Sensei, why aren't they attacking?" Ringo wondered.

"Each of the Five Generals are famous, and the enemy's seen their data by infiltrating HQ. The Five Generals have 'passive' abilities that serve as protection, and several 'skills' that make them renown." Saotome explained.

"Oh. Can I name my skills?" Jiyu brightened up.

"Yeah, name my skillz." Django chimed in.

"You can. But you won't be THAT famous." Saotome shot back.

Both boys fell into depression upon hearing that.

"The Trials aren't going to attack, because the Five General's passive abilities work subconsciously. That's why, they're waiting for a focused battle, where the Five Generals' passive abilities won't activate." Saotome explained further.

Those who were listening nodded attentively, absorbing as much information as they can on the mysterious Five Generals.

"I've never seen Sara in a real fight before." Ringo said as she turned to look at the Generals.

"True. She's so strong, she could beat all of us in training. This will be interesting." Jiyu smiled.

Rui stood beside Mayu, completing the Five Generals. They stood in a straight line, with Hikari coming out into plain sight; standing between Sara and Mayune.

"Been a long time since we gathered like this." Sho grinned.

"Save it for another time, Sho. Right now we've got to clean up some mess." Mayune scolded.

"Hah! Bring it on, you bunch of *****s!" Akumano cursed.

"This guy needs some washing. Got any toothbrush?" Rui joked.

"Go brush your hair, stupid. Why is it so silky and girly?" Sho sweatdropped.

"I ran out of my normal shampoo, so I had to use conditioner." Rui replied.

"Beginning elimination process. Orders: Total Annihilation." a Trial said robotically.

"I'll show you Total Annihilation." Mayune shrugged.

The student body looked with awe at the Five Generals. Combined, they exerted an aura of pure command, power and fearlessness. All of them stood there with confident looks on their faces, as if they were not going to lose.

"Well, let's get the show on." Sho grinned as he drew his katana.

"Intense showtime." Mayune declared as she spun her Halberd around.

"Can I go to sleep after this?" Hikari yawned.

"I'll send you to sleep in five seconds." Rui smiled serenely at Akumano.

"I hope the four of you haven't rusted. En garde." Sara commanded as she activated her sabre.

The Five Generals readied themselves as their five enemies charged at them, ready for an all-out battle to determine the strongest.
Chapter 10 - End
References:
"Nah. Be a cyborg Franky." Jiyu encouraged.

A reference to One Piece. Franky is a cyborg who has powerful weapons, used in comical ways. Jiyu is telling Kazuma to use his lasers but act in a comical way similiar to Franky.
Jiyu, Kazuma, Akito and Ringo made one of those super shocked faces you would see in Gintama, whereas Django, Kaitou and Sonic completely lost their minds.

Gintama is a gag manga famous for the hilarious and random stories, combined with the shocked faces of the characters that makes them look as if they've had their minds blown.
Terminology:
"I can't believe that kamikaze attack rocked the entire place until things got THIS bad..." Zephyr added.

A kamikaze is a suicidal attack, usually when someone tries to blow himself up to take down his enemy. Very overused, isn't it?
"What's that gotta do with us? Megane boy?" Saki retorted.

Megane means glasses in japanese. In this case, it is a rude way to call someone as you're referring to his glasses, and not his name.
"Chiisu, Saotome-sensei." the man greeted.

Chiisu is an informal way of greeting someone, usually done with people who've known each other for a long time. It means yo in japanese.
Yato Sig
Show
Gift from Kei
Show

Topic author
Saechika
Articles:0

Post by Saechika » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:02 am

Final Chapter - The Last Truth
Show
Chapter 11 - The Last Truth
I'm at a lost for words now. The Five Generals versus the Five Commanders of the Error army, this is going to be a heated battle, that's for sure.

The Five Generals eyed their approaching enemies, pondering on which enemy to engange.

"Hey guys, if you don't mind, I'll take Akumano." Rui suggested.

"Go ahead." Sara replied.

"The one with the armblade is mine." Mayune shot a glance at Sara.

Sara nodded her approval, and Mayune nodded back.

"I'll take the rich boy." Sho smirked.

Sara nodded and looked at Hikari beside her. Hikari looked at the incoming enemies with sleepy eyes, obviously not interested in any of them.

"Hikari. Handle the one with the machinegun." Sara said to her.

Hikari nodded and moved forward, preparing her attack.

Looks like the first move is going to the Five Generals, that's unexpected. Considering the fact that the enemies have made the starting dash.

Raising her hands, Hikari creates a huge dark hole that stretches across the floors, dark hands shooting out to grab the enemy's legs.

"Tch, what the hell!?" Akumano yelled in rage.

"Single your enemies out. I'll fight the last one." Hikari said softly.

"Huh wh-"

"She said pick our enemy. Go." Rui explained to Sho.

Sho nodded and dashed forward, aiming for Kaku. Sho grabs Kaku's neck and hurls him to the other side of the room, crashing past the wall upon impact.

"Later guys." Sho said goodbye as he used his ultra ninja powers to jump over to the hole in the wall almost instantly.

Everyone's jaw dropped as they witnessed what had just happened.

Rui smiled and turned to face Akumano, looking at him.

"What you looking at, wuss?" Akumano threatened.

"I told you I would send you to sleep in 5 seconds, wouldn't I?" Rui recalled.

"Let's see you try, sissy!"

"Hikari, release him." Rui requested.

Hikari shrugged and released the grip on Akumano, freeing him.

Giving out a powerful roar of rage, Akumano charged at Rui, continuing his assault. Rui's smile grew wider as Akumano approached him. From his hand shot out a larger hand made of red, as if it were an extension of his arm. Grabbing Akumano with it, Rui hurled him out of the Dining Hall with all his might, slamming him down onto the ground with impact enough to shake the surrounding area.

Akumano lept back onto his feet, unfazed. Rui shot out another arm and slammed him down again, this time even harder.

"Wha-" Jiyu's eyes widened in shock.

Mayune, on the other hand, is engaging the Trial she argued with earlier in combat, exchanging blows swiftly despite wielding a Halberd. As the Trial jumps back to avoid an incoming strike, she is caught by surprise as Mayune's halberd grows longer, allowing The General to deal a powerful blow to the enemy. The Trial manages to block in time, suffering minimum damage; but is sent flying by the force of Mayune's swing.

Ringo and Akito look on in awe as they shift their attention to Sara, who's battling another Trial.

"That Trial seems to be the leader, from the looks of it." Keiji observed.

I can see why he thinks so. The Trial certainly possesses more strength and dexterity compared to the others, despite being labeled as Trials. Moreover...

"She seems to be fighting on even ground with Sara." Sonic spoke up.

Indeed. Both of them aren't letting up, each one countering one blow with another; covering one weak spot with one attack.

"Hurry, we must leave, now." Saotome-sensei urged as she freed the students from their handcuffs.

"Why didn't you just free us earlier?" Django wondered.

"Because we were surrounded."

Nakajima-sensei proceeds to unlock the handcuffs on us, freeing us.

"Go, now."

Nakajima shooed us, urging us to hurry up and head out.

"To where?" Miki wondered.

"K, G. Do you remember the meeting we had 2 days ago?" Saotome-sensei shot a look at Keiji and Jiyu.

"That man should be in his office. Hurry up and head to his location." Saotome-sensei added.

"What about The Five Generals?" Jiyu glanced at the four plus the hole in the wall made by Sho.

"They will be more than enough for this. Go, now."

Not wanting to argue anymore, Keiji gestures for us to follow him as he darts for the hole in the wall. That's good. I actually start thinking that the phrase 'go, now' is getting old.

We dash into the hole, emerging in the room beside it, apparently the S Class building's Multimedia room. Another hole can be seen in the back with the moonlight shining through it, obviously Sho brought the fight to the outdoors.

Keiji tries the door, but it won't budge.

"It's locked." he growled.

"Just."

Jiyu jumps and gives the door a jump-kick, tearing it off the hinges. As expected of a Karate 4th dan.

"You're such a violent monkey." Keiji grinned as he dashed past him with us following.

"Right. You're such a lazy ape." Jiyu shot back.

As we run across the hallway, I notice an odd change, the twilight being blocked briefly by darting shadows. Some 'ninjas' are outside. I have to warn them.

"Guys, ninjas outside." I warned.

"Got it. I see them." Kaitou noted.

Three beings jump in from the window at the end of the hallway, where the two big, beautifully ornamented doors to the second building resides. I can make out three figures, slim and curvaceous. Must be female.

Keiji comes to a halt as the three figures get in line of his sight, and we soon follow. Standing between us and the door is Tachibana Midori, Tachibana Emi and a girl I recognize from our class. Recently transferred over from S Class at the start of May, Yamamura Hitomi. She's good friends with Ringo.

"Hi-chan?" Ringo gasped.

"Ringo-chan. Hello." Hitomi bowed.

"If it isn't Emi. How goes your archery?" Jiyu grinned at his potential 'enemy'.

"Fine, Kamiga-senpai." Emi returned his grin with one of her own.

"Midori..." Keiji eyed cautiously.

"Evening, Fujiwara-senpai."

It seems that we're in quite the funny situation here. Jiyu, Keiji and Ringo are facing off against their friends. And I can see that Sonic, Kaitou, Django and Akito are prepared for any suspicious movements.

"Out of our way." Django growled.

"Would you rather I shoot you down, Emi? I don't hit girls, but I will not hesitate against an enemy." Jiyu's grin vanished into glare as he raised his left hand, clutching his bow tightly.

"We're not here to fight, Kamiga-senpai. You can put down your bow."

Suspicious, but Jiyu relaxes himself. I dare not fall for a trick, so I prepare myself mentally; ready to fire a laser whenever possible.

"What do you want?" Keiji glared.

"I'm sure you are aware of the mastermind behind this, Fujiwara-senpai." Midori spoke up.

"I am VERY WELL aware, as a matter of fact. That's why we're here." Keiji declared with confidence.

"Up ahead there will be an army of Errors waiting for you. Do you think you can make it?" Emi questioned.

Jiyu opens his mouth to talk, but closes it. I can see why.

"Well, why don't you let us show you what do we think?" I suggested as I looked behind at Django, Sonic and Kaitou, who nodded.

All nine of us walk to the door, not saying a word to the three girls. Keiji pushes the two doors and we are greeted with the hostile looks and stares of several flying Errors. These must be the ones who attacked the underground HQ.

"Thousand of you, bring it on." Jiyu grinned.

"Hold it, hot boy." Django interjected.

Keiji and Jiyu turn to look at him.

"Leave these flying gals to us. Kaitou, Sonic and I are way better with flying enemies than you guys are." Django said.

Indeed, with Django's gun, he could blast these Errors away easily, whereas Kaitou can teleport out of harm's way. Sonic, on the other hand has the Lunaris Psych, absorbing moonlight and channeling it for power. Such a cloudless midnight like this is perfect.

"Again, you guys have to be the heroes." Jiyu smiled.

"Yeah man, we're too awesome." Django laughed as he charged his gun with the reserve solar energy he gathered.

"I calculate their defeat, Sho Minamimoto style." Sonic joked.

All of us laugh at that, sharing a happy moment as the Errors move into attacking position.

"Get going guys." Kaitou grinned confidently at us.

"Thanks man. We owe you alot now." I put my hand on Kaitou's shoulder and give him a smile.

An Error opens fire, attempting to bury us in gunfire. Sonic has other plans, and throws up a barrier made of moon energy to protect us.

"Grab on." Kaitou ordered.

Keiji, Jiyu, Akito, Ringo and I put our hands on Kaitou's shoulder as he activates his Psych, teleporting us to the other side of the hallway.

The Errors take notice of this and attempt to stop us, but Django interrupts them with a solar laser blast that burns off a part of the ceiling, charring it black.

Not wasting any time, Keiji pushes the door open and we continue running, heading towards a room with gold doors decorated with jewels.
"This is an act of Justice!"

Jiyu gives the door a powerful jump kick, this time only the lock breaks. To think this door can be broken so easily, that gold must be paint, LOL. Jiyu's ultimate 'kick of justice' apparently scared the crap out of the vice-principal and principal. The Vice-Principal, with a knife in his hand, is shocked to see us.

"Ohoho, Vice-principal, good day." Keiji eyes the knife in his hand.

"DON'T COME NEAR!" The Vice-Principal threatened as he grabs the Principal and points the knife to his throat.

"Vice-Principal, what's the meaning of this!?" Ringo gasped.

Yeah. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

"He's the mastermind behind the Errors. The guy who developed the Error virus." Keiji glared at the Vice-Principal.

What!? Another one? How many traitors to we have?

"To think the Mastermind was so close all along." Miki spoke up.

She doesn't say anything for the past half hour we've been running, and she finally says something wierd now. That's Miki for you, I guess.

"Hah! Traitor! You've got some nerve barging in here after your defection!" The Vice-Principal bellowed.

Miki is taken aback by his outrage, but I reassure her by holding her hand tightly.

"If any of you make any funny moves, the old man's dead!" The Vice-Principal threatened.

"Please, stop this!" the Principal pleaded.

"Vice-Principal Watanabe Azamuku, child prodigy and genius. Obtained degree at Information Technology and Advanced Programming at the age of 17, and was one of the many people involved in the research of Psychs. You discovered the Error Virus during your research 11 years ago, and then you tested more." Keiji began.

"Your experiment lead to a rampaging Error, the very first incident. That one caused a major accident, and also the death of Ayama Harumi and Ayama Kazuto." Jiyu glared.

What? My parent's deaths were caused by the very first Error incident? Wha- how!?

"After that incident, you tried keeping a low profile to prevent yourself from being arrested, but one person who's family member was involved in the accident shot you in the head. While you miraculously survived, your thinking capability has been severely crippled, to the point where you were no longer the genius you once were." Keiji continued.

Ouch. Must suck for him. I wonder if he considered taking his life instead of living on? Hmm...

"Because of that, you grew obsessed with money and political power, and you had to rely on your brother, a member of the government council, to grant you access and several opportunities to perform more experiments."

"It all falls into place once we read your profile, Watanabe Azamuku. Brother of the Secretary of General Affairs in the Government of Japan, Watanabe Goyoku." Keiji concluded.

So THIS guy was behind it all along. No wonder he seemed to hate our guts so much. He's a power-hungry psychopath working with his brother to bring the world under their control.

"Stop your farce, Vice-Principal. You wouldn't have the guts to slice off the Principal's throat. You could've just done so while we were busy telling you our bedtime story." Jiyu comments sarcastically.

LOL.

"You just want a hostage so you can get your sorry ass out of this mess. But..."

Keiji takes his hand out from his pocket to reveal a voice recorder.

"You've got nowhere to run." Keiji grinned.

The Vice-Principal gives out an evil laugh.

"Fantastic! As expected of the genius Fujiwara Keiji and Jiyu of the 130. I'd have you join my S Class army were you not in Division X!" he laughed.

"Sorry but, we're not interested. Especially since you've got a couple of defects." Jiyu dug his ear.

"Really now, the bad guys really have tons of defects. No offense Miki." Akito joked.

"None taken." Miki smiled.

The Vice-Principal laughs again.

"If you mean the Tachibana sisters and Yamamura, I've known since the beginning. That's why I gave them false information."

That sounds like bad news.

As if waiting for him to say that, the walls explode from all directions, several Errors emerging from the dust.

"This is my army."

Oh shit.

"Get them." The Vice-Principal ordered as he shoved the Principal towards us, causing Ringo and Keiji to rush out and catch the frail old man.

I fire a laser at the nearest Error, but another steps in and deflects it while the Vice-Principal heads for the window at the back to escape.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY, WATANABE!" Jiyu yelled at the top of his lungs.

Jiyu jumps into the middle of the room, between us, an army of Errors, and the Vice-Principal.

"DON'T DO IT, JACKASS!" Keiji warned.

Jiyu doesn't listen, and I'm left wondering what he's trying to do.

Keiji throws up a powerful barrier of wind that blow everything away, securing us in a sphere of extremely fast moving winds.

"BAKUENJIN!!!" Jiyu shouted.

The instant he shouts that, a powerful explosion of flames erupts from his body, torrents of flames engulfing the entire room. Jiyu remains aloft in the centre of what seems to be an extremely bright sun made of white-hot flames as he blasts the entire room to oblivion with his technique. The force of the explosion is so strong I'm forced to close my eyes even within this barrier.
Saotome senses the sudden increase in power, glancing in the direction of the second building. The Five Generals notice this as well. Immediately, their battle with their respective enemies comes to a sudden halt.

"G..." Sara muttered.

"That boy's reached Level 2... for real." Saotome said in awe.

'Another person on par with General Rank... interesting.' Mayune thought.

Hikari simply shrugs and resumes her own battle.

Rui smiles.

"Hey girly!"

Rui turns to look at Akumano, beaten but still standing strong.

"It's been more than five seconds already!"

"Oh please... dumb people are just dumb sometimes." Rui muttered.

Rui sighs and moves in to battle Akumano, resuming their battle.

Outside in the yard, Sho glances at the blast of flames spewing out several yards away from his current location.

"A level 2? And I thought all people worthy of being Generals were gone." Sho laughed.
I open my eyes to see the room burned black, with the scattered and burned remains of the Errors all over the floor. The Vice-Principal shakes in fear at a corner, showing no signs of being burnt. I think this guy's traumatized. Where's Jiyu?

"G! Wake up, G!" Keiji yelled.

All of us turn to see Keiji shaking the body of Jiyu. He seems to be comatose. This is the first time such a thing has happened, and I'm not sure if Jiyu is still alive or not. As I take a closer look, I notice that his body is unharmed, but his red eyes are lifeless, the glow of life has disappeared. Ringo kneels beside him and shakes him, calling for him desperately.

Damn... I wasn't strong enough. Jiyu and Keiji are always the ones protecting us. Keiji's got brains, and Jiyu's got combat ability. One is lazy, one is zealous. Because I couldn't stop Watanabe, Jiyu had to sacrifice himself.

Miki hugs Ringo, trying to comfort her while Keiji observes Jiyu, searching for signs of life. Akito, on the other hand, is too shocked to do anything. Tears fall without myself knowing, forming a line on my cheek. It can't end like this. Jiyu's life. There must be a way.

"Sensei! This way!"

Kaitou's voice snaps me back into reality as I hear footsteps coming towards us.

"G! Where is he!?" Saotome-sensei bursts into sight.

Ringo calls out our teacher's name as Saotome-sensei takes a look at Jiyu.

"Is he dead!?" Ringo asked desperately.

"No. But he's exhausted his mental capability. Nakajima, get an ambulance!" she ordered.

"Right away."

So he's not dead... that's a good thing. But for now...

"If he's not dead, then what's the meaning of this?" Keiji muttered.
This is the second time I've been in the hospital in just one month. Again, Saotome-sensei appears. I can tell she brings news. Whether good or bad, we'll know now.

"Sensei! How is my brother?" Haruka asked.

Saotome-sensei sighs before opening her mouth to speak.

"He's exhausted his mental capability. Using that powerful move drained his mind of all energy because he had to maintain the form, power and materialization of it. The sudden increase in power was too much for him to handle, and he suffered a mental collapse. Now he's in a comatose state."

I never knew such a feat was possible. Once again, overexerting himself.

"We're not sure when he'll wake up. He has to regain his mental state, slowly putting back pieces of his mind together before he reawakens. So let him sleep."

That's a relief. So he's just gonna be asleep. But for how long?

"Division X, come with me."

Keiji, Ringo, Akito, Miki and I follow as Saotome-sensei walks past us into a place out of hearing range of our sisters. Keiji signals to Satsuki, obviously wanting her to take care of them. Satsuki nods. Hmm, these two are really... what's the word... compatible? Good?

"Listen to what I am about to say."

All of us nod, prepared.

"The coma isn't the bad thing, it's the mental energy drain. If it's bad, he might wake up with a lower mental capability. His mind will not be able to handle the amount of thinking he usually does."

"What caused it, to be precise?" Keiji fires a question straight away.

"Too much power. He actually gained new power almost instantly, most likely his drive and zeal caused him to level up."

Level up? What? Did he go from level 60 to level 70 in just one move? I want that.

"He reached Level 2, on par with that of General Rank. That was a Finishing Move, most likely. Such power can only be harnessed and materialized when one reaches Level 2 with their Psych. But Jiyu reached that too soon, his drive caused him to level up and unleash his Finishing Move without even being mentally prepared for the consequences. It's more of an accident, you could say."

Okay nevermind. I don't think I want that so fast.

"General Rank? Sounds like he's got a head-start." Akito noted.

"Oh, indeed. The Five Generals all have Level 2. And he's the first of you guys to achieve it, at the cost of his consciousness."

"How do we get to Level 2?" Keiji wondered.

"Full mastery and knowledge about your psych, understanding the basic and advanced concepts of it and able to use it effectively. Once you have mastered Level 1, should the need arise, you will be granted the power of Level 2."

Interesting. So there's still much to learn about my Psych. If I can master it, I may be able to get stronger. I want to show Jiyu this before he wakes up.

"Well. That guy's hard to kill, that's for sure. I'll work on Level 2 and show him once he wakes up." Keiji grinned.

I notice Ringo is still concerned, I suppose she can't relax now.

"Don't worry, Ringo. He's immortal, like a Phoenix." Miki joked to calm her down.

Ringo smiles at that.

"Heh. He's obnoxious." Keiji closes his eyes and remembers his partner.
It's been five days since the attack. The school building's still undergoing repairs, and tomorrow we're going to visit the new school building before summer vacation starts. Oh man, I can't wait.

Alot of things have happened since I joined, and the Error threat is finally over. Joker's whereabouts are unconfirmed, but I'm sure they'll find him. Jiyu is still asleep, and I'll be there when he wakes up.

The Five Generals are busy assisting with the reconstruction, wierd. They're like phantoms, but after the war they're more active in this stuff. Kinda funny and wierd, if you ask me. Hehe.

Ringo is visiting Jiyu daily, checking up on him. Looks like she really cares for him. Akito's eye is getting better, and he says he can see now, albeit very blurry. Going against the doctor's orders, this guy.

Satsuki and Keiji can finally relax, with the threat gone. Keiji is busy training to achieve Level 2 and Satsuki is helping him. Miki, on the other hand, is starting to be her old self again. She's talking alot more, like Jiyu. I think all she needs to do is to forgive herself, but it's gonna be tough. I guess this is where I gotta help.

The past month has been really hectic, with alot of things happening. I've almost been killed about a few times, but thanks to my pals I'm still standing here. I guess it's time to close the curtain on this story, and leave the story telling to another person.

My story ends here, but who knows? Maybe someone will continue in my place. All I know is that I am never going to be a narrator ever again.

"That's because you talk alot, and don't think too much." Keiji laughed.

He's got a point.

It's been fun, but I'm going to take a short break now. In due time, we will see each other again. Farewell for now.

-Ayama Kazuma
Psych.Hyperbattle.Android.School.Error. - END

Thank you all for reading!
Yato Sig
Show
Gift from Kei
Show

Return to “Fanfiction / Stories”