NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

Bonds - Kizuna

Topic author
Nirvaxstiel
Articles:0

Badges

Bonds - Kizuna

Post by Nirvaxstiel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 am

This is a project that I've started since the day I started school. This whole story is based on the many events that happens to my life this year and I honestly do not know what will be next and how I can end this. But nonetheless, I will keep updating the story with more and more chapters as I progress with my life and get new ideas and motivation to write.
Chapter 1 - Day of Beginnings
Show
===Day 1, Day of Beginnings===

I, Hamejima Heiku am currently waiting for our school bus to arrive out in the school foyer. What is our destination you may ask, but I'll leave that for later.

A familliar voice called out to me as it moves closser towards me.

"Ah, the bus is here"

Allow me to introduce, this crazy guy over here with a very beautiful white hair and red-crimson eyes who called out to me is Haru, Yukihira Haru. He is my best friend since grade school and accompanied me through middle-school, and currently are in our third years.

We stood up with our seemingly heavy legs and drag overselves under this ridiculously hot, scorching sun and its annoying, bright beams of light glaring down on our poor heads. As we board the bus, me and Haru grabbed our seats at the back and took out our headphones and turn on the music. I must say, these seats are quite the comfortable ones.
With the rest of the heaps of faggots in our classes boarding on, the noise level suddenly levelled up from 1 to 25, what amazing exp gain. That explains why we put on our headphones just now.

"Tell me where are we headed again..." Haru's a major online dude, like me and having to waste half of his remaining time of the day outside and not play his games really pisses him off, because that means he have to sacrifice the remaining time doing his homework.

Our guide, who stood right next to the bus driver took out her microphone and started speaking into the mic.

"Alright kids, we are heading to Higashi Highschool. As you all know that this would be your final year in middle-school. This is a chance for you to browse through various Highschools and have yourself an idea of what kind of school you would want to join after your entrance exams. We would be having a 4-hour walk around campus and if you have any questions for the seniors over there, go ahead."

Our teacher, also the guide for us instructed us on the trip details and followed by a series of rules to maintain when we are there. Our class is quite the lively one. No, scratch that, a NOISY one. Hencefore our teacher has to remind them on their actions and behaviours when having outdoor events like this.

"That explains it all" I said, replying to Haru's question from before

"Well, thanks a lot for the delay" Haru threw a death glare at me for the joke.

"Oh yea, can you check out animeultima website for any episodes released today for me?" I requested.

"Gotcha."

Haru, knowing that I do not have a self internet connection on my phone, and can only rely on Wi-Fi connections to get connected agreed to help me check out the website.

"..."

"?"

"SAKURASOU IS BACK IN ACTION."

"Get your stuff. It's party time." I gave an instant respond when I heard the great news.

Just when we were about to pack our stuff and rush out of the bus before the driver starts hitting the gas brake, four words were thrown at us with an aura of absolute power.

"You two, sit down."

These words belonged to our overpowering homeroom teacher, Shirohane-sensei. Her power in commanding the class is extremely overwhelming, and she cares a lot for us. She is our class's "Mother".

"S-sorry..." Being frightened by the words of that of a tiger, we quietly sat down without any questions.

As we sat down and continue our mindless talking, more and more episodes got updated on the sites along with the new year's releases.

I took out my phone and brought myself to the startmenu. Sliding through some pages of my applications before finding that icon belonging to my memo. The application opened up and I slide my fingers towards the "Create new Memo" option and started noting down all the episodes to download for tonight. Realizing my actions, Haru also did the same and saved our needed reminder into the memo pad.

"Alright, saved." I whispered to myself in my head, and went back to our original topic.

"Those two really get along."

"Those two gives me the creeps. They act so emo and has that shitty face on them."

"They think that we are inferior just because they have the smarts as well".

"..."

Those gossips were clearly pointed towards us. Seriously, these guy really love to gossip about us. All we want is to have our own freedom and place in the class. We did nothing in particular to insult them, hurt them, or even agitate them. These guys complain for the slightest amount of work they were told to do so and were quite stubborn. I can't say the two of us aren't the same, but we did our work as we told to avoid trouble.

Oh, on a side note, we are on an International Island with many schools for different people and religion to gather. Over 80% of the population here are students with the remaining being teachers and other workers. We students live in a dorm provided by all schools in this island.

We noticed that the speed of the moving bus became slower, hinting us that we are about to reach our destinations, we kept our stuff in our bags and got ready to get off the bus.

"Alright kids, remember, BEHAVE yourselves. Don't cause trouble, and learn new things if you could from your seniors. You can get your free drinks and ice-creams from the cross-walk square on the main level, the third floor."

"Nuuooooo!!!!" The people of the class practically had their jaws dropped by the overwhelming size of this entire Highschool Institute.

Higashi Highschool. This Highschool consists of six different schools of areas of focus.

School of Applied Science
School of Business
School of Design
School of Engineering
School of Humanities & Social Sciences
and School of Informatics & IT

If I were to describe the school, its basically a cluster of 6 pillars of shopping malls with a huge cross-path for students to cross-walk under the sky on the third level. It looks practically like a floating garden, and has a really good feeling of soothing aroma of flowers and the level of oxygen the plants provide when one passes. To be more precise, it has about 2~3 Kilometers radius and an "Express walkway" that connects to 2 sides of the streets and reach the buses that were just below the stairs.

"Not bad" Haru, blowing a sharp whistle before praising the school structure.

"This is damned epic." I added to Haru's praise.

We first headed to the School of Informatics and IT, our main school we'd like to join. In this School, is broken up into segments:

Business Intelligence & Analytics
Cyber & Digital Security
Data Forensics
Financial Business Informatics
Information Technology
Mobile & Network Services

What we are headed to, isn't any of those fields, but a special field where only people who really have passion in would join; The Games & Entertaintment Technology Course.Haru and I often think of stories and write them in our forum as a Fan Fiction. Over time, we ourselves became writers and I eventually got into programming and drawing manga and anime-style art. We figured that if we focus on this field, we'd be able to make an amazing game based on our stories. Our dream: Take over the MMO world.

We attended the introduction lecture. The lecture lasted for an hour and a half long so I'll summarize it all. The route of a game programmer is tough. Starting from scratch from coding to graphics to compatibility and server host, producers and acquainting with other companies to sponsor the game. However, If one were to make a really good game, they practically can just sit back and wait for money to come flow in.

"That lecture sure gave us some neat info." Haru, being satisfied with the information he has gotten from the lecture.

"Alright, next would be the Chemical Engineering course in the School of Sciences."

School of Sciences; the Chemical Engineering course. This course is heavily dependant on our grades on our Chemistry, Physics, and Math. Additional Math would be more recommended. This is our second choice in the list of the course we would want to attend. If our information network weren't wrong, the lowest earnings we get per month working as an Chemist could go up to 11,000 USD. Yes, THAT much. And so we yet again attended another lecture. However, thanks to our curfew, we had hardly have any time left to linger around, and so we headed to the free drinks and ice-cream corner in a corner of the cross-path and grabbed some milk and nescafe. I got myself five of each and four of each for Haru. I may not seem like it, but I drink LOTS of milk and coffee, milk coffee preferrably.

"Damn, that tasted good." Giving a satisfied grin and using my tongue to lick my lips showing how good the drinks were to me.

"You sure like those milk and coffee."

"You don't say."

"Hahahaha!" We laughed in unison, at our synchronization. Ok, that sounded weird.

"Ara?"

"??"

"Heiku, Haru, is that you?"

As the people around us along with our classmates stare at our sudden laughter, a rather mezzo-soprano like voice belonging to a female behind us called out to our names.

"Oro?"

"...?"

We turned a whole 180-degrees towards the direction of the voice. A rather tall girl, roughly our own very own heights and wearing casual clothes with rather long, silky raven-black colored hair which grows just to her shoulders and brown-colored eyes appeared infront of our faces.Seemingly confirmed that she was not mistaken us for some one else, she called.

"It really is you two! It's been a while, how have you guys been?"

"Kyria! It really has been quite a while now. Yes I'm fine how are you?" Haru, excited to see a familiar face since childhood gave an instant reply.

"It has been quite a while, Kyria-san!" Following Haru, I, too expressed my regards to Mayu-san.

Oh, have I not introduced her yet? Silly me. Her name is Kirizaya Mayu she is two years older than us. Kyria is her nickname, which derives from [Kiri] in her last name and [yu] in her first name. [Kiriyu] would sound weird, and if I tried [Kiriya], she'll be mistaken for a boy for those who only heard her name for the first time. And hence, the nickname [Kyria] was formed. The word Kyria was extracted from [Valkyria], which derives from Valkyrie, a host of female figures of Norse mythology who decide which soldiers die in battle and which live.

"Now that I think of it, why are you here, Kyria?" Haru questioned, unable to comprehend the situation for a slight moment.

"Never mind, I get it, you are attending this school, right?"

As expected of Haru, quick to get back on his legs.

"So, you guys on a tour trip?" Kyria-san, wanting to confirm the situation asked.

"Yes, we were just about to leave since there is only a little less than 10 minutes left till curfew time." I answered, replying to Kyria-san's question.

"Hmm... so, you kids got any girl-friends yet?"

"As if, girls are can't even compare to our expectations." We pouted and replied in unison.

"What about me?"

"You're an exception"

"Heh."

After some moments of chattering with an old friend, we re-exchanged our contacts since she changed them some time ago, and parted.

"Oi you two, just who was that?" Some boys from the class called out to us.

"Haru's? Heiku's? Or Both's?" Boy B teasingly asked.

"What do you mean by that, fag." Haru, seemingly annoyed at the previous remark

"Relax, relax, just curious." Boy B

"She's an old friend of ours. Two years older, known each other since we were grade-school kids. That should be sufficient". I answered to his question from earlier.

"Heh, you guys are really lucky you know, knowing such a cute girl like her. Moreover she's older than you guys."

"Quit getting the wrong idea and scram" Haru, as if someone in a manga, shows an imaginary annoyed mark on his head and retorted with rather mad tone.

Haru had a bad history with romance. I won't go into details, but let's just say that he can't deal with love for now. He himself said that he would re-consider after he has finished his studies. Right now, studies and school-life comes first.

"Good job supressing it again."

"It's tough."

"I know, let's just get back to the bus."

===Back to school, Savoir Jr. High===

"Alight kids, have you had a good day today?" Shirohane-sensei asked the class.

"Yes~!"

"That is good, but it is getting late and you all need your rest. You are dismissed. Now scram, go home!"

As Haru takes the right side route from the school gate and I take the left, we finished our last bit of chatting and parted ways.

===That night===

-Neige- has logged into the chat box.

Neige: You guys there?
Kyrie: Yep, I'm here
Key: I'm here as well.
Neige: Man, It's so boring after doing my home work, who wants to play Alswurd?
Kyrie: Sure, why not?
Key: Nope, got to sleep. Security guard approaching my room. I think about 10 metres more. I hear his footsteps.
Neige: Dafuq, shiz.
Kyrie: Aw
Key: You two play with each other first. I'll join tomorrow.
Kyrie: Alright, gn
Neige: gn bro.

-Key- has logged out of the chat box.

Author's Notes: This story is based on my real-life experience and one of my very first time writing in this style.

Any faults, please feel free to comment.

Next time: Chapter 2 - Burning fighting spirit.

Return to “Fanfiction / Stories”