NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

High School Tempest

Topic author
Saechika
Articles:0
High School Tempest

Post by Saechika » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 am

Watching To Aru Majutsu no Index, Kuroko no Basket and many other shows has given me tons of inspiration.

Unfortunately P.H.A.S.E. Season 2 is going to have to go hiatus for maybe forever, because I've lost my files during my reformat and I am unable to piece the story again. While I am trying to recover it, it's virtually impossible to continue off on the story with half of my major points all down the drain. However,

High School Tempest is set in the exact same universe, but in a very different timeline. In this storyline,

Kaijou City is a city that underwent a massive change due to the Esper Project, and has since become the world's greatest Cyber Metropolis of Technology. Their works has brought espers up in various parts of the world, and provide a stable global society for Non-Espers and Espers to live in and work in.
Chapter 1 - Shirogane Hakuno
Show
Highschool Tempest

Oh. Hey there.

First time here? Whoa, seriously?

Sorry, not sure how to act around people new to the city, hehe.

Oh, you're wondering what this city is about?

Well, this is a modernized technological metropolitan stronghold. Kaijou City.

Me? I'm a student.

Oh, you can see that? Well yeah, at first glance. But this is kinda special.

Here in Kaijou, students have two choices. To further education, or to further motor skills. Important stuff if you're a student.

There is one thing they share in common.

All students, in fact, the entire population of Kaijou; are espers.

Special abilities awakened through intensive scientific research that allows humans to bypass the laws of physics and tap into the many powers of the universe. The Esper project in Kaijou was such a huge success, espers appear everywhere. Of course, there are some humans who cannot or refuse to awaken their abilities, but that also works in their favor.

Espers usually require huge mental ability to maintain their abilities, which deprives them of their physical fitness at times.

That's why.

In Kaijou city, students can choose to further education, or further their skills and reflexes.

Espers are hired for many jobs now. Esper detectives, esper task force, there are many opportunities for espers in this world.

That's why for espers, they have jobs for themselves.

Normal humans are not left out too. Everyone lives in balance.

Of course, people who seek to destroy that balance exist. But that's why there are people fighting to protect it as well. And espers are going through a special training regimen in case they have to do just that.

My name? Whoa, sorry about that.

I'm Hakuno. Shirogane Hakuno.

"Hakuno?"

Weird name, huh? Platinum White.

Welcome to Kaijou.

Here you can discover many possibilities.
Tap

Tap

Tap

The sound of foot striking wood echoes.

Living alone in this house is a white-haired young man whose hair falls perfectly straight down until his neck. Several bangs form, growing until eye-level to hinder his vision. He shows no sign of annoyance.

His name is Shirogane Hakuno.

Taking a glance at the clock hung up in the living room, he scratches his head and walks towards the door of his house.

> 8:30... huh...
> Guess I'll take a walk.

Putting on his sandals, he casually walks in the middle of the street, heading for a destination unknown but to him. Turning at a junction, he finds himself in the middle of a huge crowd surrounded by tall buildings.

Hakuno lives in the more peaceful areas of the city, but is only a 10 minutes walk away from the center of all the noise.

He continues his dull journey, walking past pedestrians without making contact. Easily slipping past the crowd, he reaches a crossroad and resumes a peaceful walk towards his destination.

People walk past him, some look at him in surprise, some merely don't care.

It might be weird. After all, what is a high-school student doing here? Shouldn't he be in school?

Arriving at a small minimarket store, he patiently waits for the automated sliding door to fully open before walking in.

"Welcome."

He casually ignores the cashier and heads to the back of the store, picking a half-dozen pack of cup ramen and a tin of cold coffee. As he walks to the front of the store, he hears a loud sound coming from the direction of the cashier.

"Hey! That guy took my purse!"

It came from a customer. A female high school student. The white haired boy notices a biker wearing sunglasses running out of the store at high speed.

> How annoying...
> Oh well... he's probably gone by now.

"My hard-earned money..."

As he drops his stuff at the counter, he cannot help but overhear the girl.

> Ugh...

The cashier looks at the white-haired boy and smiles. He is a high school student himself.

Bright red-hair short hair with a big smile on his face, his smile breaks into a wide grin the moment he lays eyes on the white-haired individual.

"Yooooo, Hakuno. Mind giving her a hand?"

Hakuno looks at the red-haired boy with annoyance.

His eyes narrow, and he grits his teeth.

"Hey miss, this guy here's a crazy strong esper, he'll get your stuff back for ya!"

"Wha- oi!"

Before Hakuno can protest any further, the girl looks at Hakuno with big, pleading eyes. Long black hair, blue eyes and a puffy face.

> I hate it when girls make use of their charm to make me do what they want...

"Please!"

He makes a loud 'Tch' sound and slams his coffee on the counter.

"You better give me half-price for this later, Akashi."

The red-haired Akashi smiles as Hakuno dashes out the store into the streets.

"Don't pop the guy's head off!"

Hakuno dashes across the multitude of people, wondering where the guy could have gone. People crowd the streets everywhere, from roadsides to zebra crossings. For a normal day like this, it sure is a bizarre sight.

> That guy is an esper too... he must be creating these illusions. He couldn't have gotten far...

Hakuno speeds up, and in an instant, disappears from view.

He reappears atop a building, his body transforming from a white mass back into his original appearance. He looks around harder, straining his eyes. But the multitude of people make his job an impossible task.

> Tch, if these are optical illusions then...

He closes his eyes for abit, then opens them.

His irises glow pure white, eliminating his pupil. If not for the border of his iris, he would have pure white eyeballs to give children nightmares. The multitude of people instantly vanish off his line of vision, leaving only a dozen or so people on the streets. It is here he spots the biker crossing the road calmly.

Hakuno leaps off the building, disappearing again. He reappears on the street opposite the biker, running at full speed. Noticing him too late, the thug's eyes widen behind his sunglasses as Hakuno closes the distance between them. He jumps back instinctively, Hakuno arriving at the same sidewalk to confront him.

"I believe you took something not of yours." Hakuno's eyes narrow.

"What's it to you?"

The thug answers defiance with defiance. He isn't afraid of some random high school student who just appeared out of nowhere.

"Nothing. It's for someone else's sake."

"Then get lost!"

The thug grabs a knife and thrusts it at Hakuno, but the white-haired boy simply stops the thug's hand with his left, exerting strength not known to the thug.

"What!?"

> Espers have weak bodies due to their mental concentration. But this guy tries to balance both sides of the same coin. Nice try, but not good enough.

The thug wrestles free, eying Hakuno's slim physique and blue eyes.

"It's always you people getting in my way! There's not a moment of peace! There's not a moment I can do whatever I want!"

The thug yells at Hakuno without a care in the world. His eyes fix onto Hakuno with pure rage and emotion.

"It's because of people like you! All because of people like you! Trying to be a hero! Then when shit happens you people get thrown off your seats!"

Hakuno grits his teeth.

"Dammit! You're not going to have me today! I'm taking you down!"

He curses out loud and charges at Hakuno, reckless beyond measure. Sighing, Hakuno's right fist glows into a white mass, covering all the way until his wrist.

> !?

In an instant, Hakuno's fist buries itself in the thug's face, faster than the eye could even see. The force of his punch is strong enough to break the thug's sunglasses.

> No power... but... pure impact?

Stunned by sheer impact, the thug falls on the ground as the world spins around him for a moment.

"Ever been punched at the speed of light? It's technically the same, but light doesn't possess a definite mass. The shape and form of my arm is there to give light a solid form, but the mass is gone in such a way that the punch brings nothing but just impact to knock you off your knees."

Hakuno picks up the girl's purse that had fallen to the ground and tidies it up.

"I don't know why you need this money, or if you're in danger because you failed. But whatever problems you may have, try to solve them on your own."

Not even giving the thug a chance to speak, Hakuno walks across the empty street, his job done.
"Here, it's yours, right?"

Hakuno hands the girl her purse, ignoring and turning his back on her immediately afterwards.

"Thank you very much!"

He sighs.

The girl takes her groceries and walks out the door.

> Glad that's over.

She stops and looks at Hakuno.

"Umm... thanks."

Hakuno snaps.

"Just hurry up and go. I didn't even want to help anyway. I don't deserve your thanks."

His face flushes with embarrassment not because of being thanked, but because he admitted his own inability to act.

"You still got it back anyway. Thank you. I'm Aibori Suzuka!"

She bows and doesn't even move an inch, expecting Hakuno to reply.

He exchanges looks with Akashi, who smiles big time.

"I'm Hakuno. Shirogane Hakuno."

She smiles.

"Thank you, Shirogane-san!"

With a third and final thank you, the girl runs off.

Hakuno snaps immediately and grabs Akashi by the collar.

"Akashi... I keep telling you to stop making me use my powers!" he says sternly.

Akashi is taken aback by Hakuno's rash behavior, but maintains his calm in the situation.

"But if you didn't help that girl, who would? If you don't help someone, what if the window of opportunity passes by and that person loses help forever? Those were words you once said yourself." Akashi stares at Hakuno in the eye.

"I can't, Akashi. Not after what happened that day..."

He lets go of Akashi and stares at the ground, gritting his teeth.

"It's not a matter of can or can't. It's whether you want to or not, that's all."

Akashi scans the packet of cup ramen and can of coffee.

"I'll give you the usual 800 yen."

Hakuno hands him the bill and grabs his stuff. Before he can step out of the store, Akashi stops him.

"Hakuno... won't you reconsider coming back to school? We need your help."

He looks at Akashi, shocked.

"What, help?"

"That's right. Kurono has been getting restless, Kiseki and Aozaki are too worked up to do anything. Without you, we're falling apart."

Hakuno scoffs.

"You don't need my help. Not after what I've done."

"Everyone's forgiven you-"

"I haven't forgiven myself!"

Hakuno snaps again, tears forming at his eyes.

"Akashi... forgive me."

He grabs his stuff and runs away.

Akashi sighs, wondering why every encounter they have in the shop ends badly.

He looks up at the sky outside the shop, the bright blue sky the color of Hakuno's eyes reminding him of his friend.
"Welcome back. It's rare to see you step outside."

Hakuno walks inside his house, emotionally tired and exhausted. Greeted by a female voice, he sighs and places what he's bought on the table. The owner of the voice walks out of the kitchen to meet up with him.

Silver hair, tied up in a ponytail. Wearing a plain simple white dress that helps her amplify the color of her bright blue eyes. She has both her hands on her waist as she looks at what Hakuno has brought home.

"Aaah... it's the wrong brand. You bought the other one." She takes a good look.

Hakuno shrugs.

"It's the same thing. Cup noodles."

She puts her palm up to her face.

"It's not, you know? I mean, it's clearly different!" She states.

Hakuno looks at her and shrugs.

"In what way?"

"Flavor. This one's got less kick to it."

"Whatever you say, Hakumei. I'm going up."

He turns his back on her and proceeds to head for the stairs.

"Oi Hakuno, what's wrong?"

Shirogane Hakumei looks at Hakuno as he walks up the stairs.

"I'm your cousin, at least tell me if there's something bothering you!"

> Should I, really?
> What else should I say?
> Even if I do, there's no fixing it.

"Not for now."

He continues walking up the stairs. Hakumei tilts her head to one side and sighs.

"What a troublesome kid."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of the way!

No.

What you seek is not truth. What you seek is just

Shut up!

No more from you!

So you refuse reality.

No, I just deny your crap!

Foolish words of someone who has nothing.

As if you would know! I'm taking you down, now!

Stop!

You cannot even save him.

Enough is enough!
-
Hakuno!

What... have I done...

You idiot!

You let your emotions get the better of you again!

Look at what's happened now!

What were you thinking!?

Shut the hell up!

You didn't have an idea of how I felt!
!?

He looks at the clock on the table.

(Huh... 2:30.)

Getting out of bed, Hakuno flexes his muscles and stretches, exercising his fingers and body.

(Four hours of sleep to recover energy from a single fight... nothing's improving. If anything, it might be getting worse.)

(At times like this, what would you say?)

He slips on his house sandals and walks out of his room downstairs without a sound. Noticing Hakumei watching television with the volume at deafening levels, Hakuno sighs and walks out of his house without making another sound.

Glancing across the street, his eyes fall on a tall building that lies to the right. A tall, white building.

He sighs once again and walks towards the building.
Kaijou General Hospital
Room 170

It's a room Hakuno Shirogane has seen, been in and dreamed of countless times.

He looks at the person lying on the bed.

Bandaged around the forehead, with tanned skin. With auburn hair let down completely like Hakuno, but does not possess the bangs that the white-haired young man has. Eyes are shut tight, sealed in eternal sleep.

The beeping of the medical machines instill pain in Hakuno each passing second.

Tormented.

> I have no idea how I should be feeling now.
> If you were here, what would you say?
> Probably asking me to go back to the others.

He entertains his thoughts longer, looking at the patient lying on the bed as he does so. His hands are put together in a prayer, with his blue eyes staring at the patient's face.

Ever since that day, I've left them.

Left my school, severed my ties with society. It's been three months. All because I had no idea what to do, what to feel, what to say.

Now that I've had all this time alone... maybe.

Maybe Akashi's right.

I've sat around in a corner long enough. Maybe it's time to move on.

But... if I do... I might make the same mistakes.

The same old thing.

I'm afraid of that.

What if I get ahead of myself again?

If history repeats, I don't know how bad it could get.

I'm scared.

My friend, if you were in my shoes, what would you have done?

Before he can continue pondering, the sound of the door opening startles him.

Hakuno instantly stands up from his seat and takes a good look at the person who enters the room.

"You guys!"

Three individuals enter the room.

Eiji Akashi is among the three, standing at the left. He lacks his shop apron that he uses to show he is an employee of the shop, wearing a white school uniform and blue jeans.

In the center is a young man with black hair around the same age as Hakuno and Akashi, his hair messy and longer than the short-haired Eiji Akashi. Unlike thick bangs that Hakuno sports, he has thinner bangs that frame all over his face, giving him a wilder appearance than the calm Hakuno. He also possesses yellow eyes.

He smirks.

Beside him on the right of Hakuno's viewpoint is a girl with long sky blue hair and brown eyes. She is as tall as the black-haired boy, making Eiji the shortest one in the entire room by half a head's height. She wears a biker jacket and long black leather biker pants. Suspended above her forehead are black circular sunglasses.

She smiles with joy.

"Hakuno."

Before the other two can even speak, Akashi intervenes.

"I brought them here. I don't think I can convince you if I'm alone." Akashi looks at his friend in the eye.

"If it's convincing you want to do, there's no need. I've already made my mind up."

"I'm going back to Niji Gakuen starting next Monday."

The girl smiles happily.

"That's good to hear, Shiro-kun!"

Hakuno glares at her.

Aozaki Yuki. Friend and classmate. One of the few female friends he has.

"Well, I don't know when I'll cause more trouble, so I'll have to trouble you guys." he smiles at long last.

The black-haired young man walks up to him and looks at him with cold eyes.

"Is there anything you're still hiding from us?"

Hakuno grits his teeth and his eyes narrow.

Kurogane Kurono. A classmate and childhood friend.

"I'm just afraid of screwing up again." Hakuno clenches his fist.

"That's normal. If you can overcome that, I'm sure this guy would be happy too." Kurono smiles as he jabs a finger at the patient lying in a coma.

Hakuno sighs again, smiling as he does so.

"I guess so."

"Tell me, how did you change your mind?"

"Didja, like, meet an angel who told you to get up?"

Kurono and Akashi put their hands around his shoulder and usher him out, Hakuno smiling sincerely for the first time in many months.

"Nah, I just, give it more thought. Instead of berating myself and all, I decided to think more about things. You guys were right, I should go back to life. Shutting myself won't do good."

His three friends smiling at his words, they drag Hakuno out of the room forcefully.

"Let's get something to eat! Heh!"
"What? That's all?"

"Huh?"

"That's boring, man. Tell me what happens next!"

"This is where the story gets interestin-"

"Got it got it. You haven't told me anything except for the fact that this guy is some depressed idiot! That's boring!"

"That's kinda rude-"

"Come on! I wanna know more!"

"Okay okay. Geez. I'm the storyteller here."
Shirogane Hakuno wakes up early for the first time in three months.

He looks at the clock that displays 7:00.

> Looks like it's back to school.

He gets out of bed and grabs his towel hung at the door.
-
"You're up early, huh. Something happened during the visit three days ago?"

"I guess so. I'm just glad they accepted me back." Hakuno sits down at the table.

"That's a relief, Haku. Here, your usual breakfast."

Toasted bread with half-boiled eggs. Hakuno's usual.

"I'm still wondering why you never have to go to school."

He munches on the bread accompanied by eggs as he says that.

His cousin raises an eyebrow. She ponders for three seconds sharp before replying.

"Unlike you, who's been working HARD to be an esper detective for the past three months, I'm a very lazy girl who's busy preparing for my next semester."

> I don't know how many puns of sarcasm she made, but that's seriously giving me a headache.

"Well, your previous semester ended like..."

"3 months ago. What."

"Glad you finally took notice. We've been given a total of 3 and a half months off to develop our own abilities in everyday situations. Without basic mastery, the next semester is a guaranteed fail for us."

"Huuuh... no wonder it's an Elite All-Girls school. To pay attention to the most basic of stuff, that's something alot of schools fail to acknowledge. You have it tough, huh."

"Glad to see you're finally back up on your feet and your brain is less self-centered."

Hakuno smiles as he finishes the last of his bread and eggs.

"Thank you, Hakumei. I'll be going now."

Done with his breakfast, Hakuno thanks his cousin and heads out immediately, heading out of his house with an entirely different aura around him.

> Looks like his friends managed to open the door to his heart.
> Now if only he himself can get over it, things would be alot better.
Shirogane Hakuno walks into the front yard of Niji Academy, eyes all on him. While normally a huge show-off who tries hard to impress others, the attention is enough to kill him.

> Wow, I didn't expect this huge scale.

He tries his best to avoid eye-contact and heads inside the main building, slipping his shoes off and replacing the ones in his shoebox.

The name plate that has 'Shirogane Hakuno' written is covered in dust, leaving only Shi Haku in it.

"Wow, Die Haku. Even the dust wants me dead." Hakuno jokingly mutters to himself.

Clearing the dust of his nameplate, the shine brought back to the steel brings a sense of happiness in him. It's as if he's part of the school again.

With the new school sandals on his feet, Hakuno grabs the single strap of his bag with his left hand as he shoves his right hand in his pocket, assuming a lofty stance as he walks across the hallways to his class.

Pass three classroom blocks, one of which is the faculty office, arriving at the stairs. Going up, Hakuno steers left and heads for the third door of the hallway.

Class 2-E.

Nostalgic memories flow, Hakuno remembering many good and bad memories from his time here. He takes a deep breath, hand on the door.

> I think... they've forgiven me. Although I do not deserve it, but...
> If I don't hope, living in this world would be pathetic.
> But... what if... they haven't?

"Oya, if it isn't Shirogane-kun."

Hakuno instantly turns his whole body with reflex and speed, looking at the person who managed to sneak up upon him.

Being an esper by nature, Hakuno managed to develop a unique aura barrier with his powers that allowed him to sense the presence of nearby people. For someone to get up behind him unnoticed is indeed strange.

It is his class teacher, Mack Mitchell.

"Oh, Mark-sensei."

"It's Meck. How many times must I correct you...?" Mack puts his palm up to his face.

Hakuno chuckles.

> ?

"Haha, Shirogane-kun. You seem to have returned in both heart and soul."

"Overstatement, sensei."

"No matter. Homeroom is starting. Let us enter."

Beckoned by his teacher, Hakuno follows his teacher into the classroom.

Most of the students had already gathered in the classroom, chatting away to kill time.

As soon as Hakuno enters, all eyes fall on him, loud sounds dying into whispers.

His eyes dart around, worry overtaking his heart like a plague.

Mack smiles and reassures everyone.

"Now now, don't give him a hard time, guys. Remember? Everyone in 2-E is connected-"

"By bonds that are five times thicker than usual."

The class replies in unison.

> Class 2-Epsilon.

Hakuno smiles in remembrance.

"Welcome back, Shirogane-kun. Your seat remains unchanged."

Hakuno moves to the second front row of the class where Eiji Akashi is seated. Putting his bag down, Hakuno sits down beside Akashi, greeting his friend with a fist bump.

"Out of respect for you, they didn't change the seats for the new semester, so I got to remain here too."

"They usually change to prevent cheating during exams." Hakuno notes.

"Weeeell. Now we can cheat on the next exam."

"In case you haven't forgotten, I haven't complied with you the previous few times you tried to cheat." Hakuno's eyes roll.

"And here I thought you would be a little bit more cheerful after all that. As usual, the gloomy emo kid." Akashi smiles while putting his hands behind his head.

"I resent that." Hakuno smiles with his eyes closed.
"With this, the Roman Empire-"

The bell rings, interrupting the class and signalling the end of school.

"Oh well. We will continue the lesson tomorrow. Please do some extra research on Rome's lifestyle and their Emperor. It would be quite valuable."

The class head stands up, all the other students following suit.

"Stand!"

"Bow!"

As the teacher walks out of the classroom, Hakuno looks around as if he had just woken up from a dream.

> Time seems to have passed alot faster today. Maybe it's because I'm back here.

(No, genius, it's just that this lazy author decided to skip to the end of the day.)

He quickly shoves his stationery and books into his bag and looks at his wristwatch.

1:30. Morning class is over. Now it's time for the Special Esper Physique Training Regimen. Better known as SEPTR, or by the pronounced name SEPT-R/SEPTER.

The SEPT-R is a special regimen that trains Espers to make use of their powers in motor skills, aiding in physical development and nurturing of their abilities at the same time. To help achieve this, Espers go through the SEPT-R everyday after school.

The SEPT-R's training program is very laid-back and competitive at the same time to provide Espers a well-made situation to improve. SEPT-R's training is in the form of team sports or competitive sparring, which encourages team play and development of physique.

And Hakuno Shirogane is in Niji Gakuen's strongest, most elite team of Espers for the SEPT-R program, which many people know as one of the best atheletes of their generation.

> Although I do resent that. Such unwanted attention.

Slinging his bag on, Hakuno sighs and walks out of the classroom, headed for the school's training arena for the daily SEPT-R activities.
-
He enters the arena, the area having changed abit since he last saw it 3 months ago.

Much more like a sports stadium, the arena is about three regular-size houses wide and 2 stories high, one of, if not the largest building located on the school grounds. It mirrors an assembly hall abit. The stage one would expect the principal to stand on to speak is the main control panel for the SEPT-R's various field, climate and other settings that determine the battlefield or simply the field's settings for the training regimen.

"Ah, you're here."

All eyes land on Hakuno as the teacher in charge of the school's SEPT-R program, Professor Ryoji (better known as Ryoji Hakase) greets him.

"As a welcome back party and test to see you haven't been slacking off, Niji Academy is facing off against another school today for a friendly match. Do your best, Shirogane-kun."

Hakuno is surprised to hear all this without being notified of earlier, but nods in understanding once he comes to terms with it.

He puts his bag down in the front area where everyone does the same and changes into his gym shoes and white colored gym 'team outfit'.

> Nngh. This outfit is a little bit too tight. Well it fits normally, but I'd prefer clothes with larger size than my overall body size.

Emblazoned on the right chest side of the shirt is a circular emblem with seven different colors from outside to the inside, black, brown, red, yellow, blue, green, purple and white. Across the colorful circle are two words in English, Sacred Seven.

He swings his arms around in exercise as he meets up with his team members. Each of his team members are wearing the same shirt with the same emblem, with different main colors of the shirt.

Kurono, Akashi and Yuki Aozaki are all wearing shirt colors that match their own given names, Black, Red and Blue.

"Oooya. Nostalgic feelings, huh. Been a few months since the white member joined us in SEPT-R's training." Kurono smirks.

> Even though we grew up together, he's changed alot since 3 months ago. His attitude...

"The Sacred Seven's been incomplete for a very long time." Akashi slings his hand over Hakuno's shoulder.

"The seven of us will be together soon. Just you wait." Hakuno clenches his fist as his eyes burn with determination and confidence.

Professor Ryoji walks up to them, beaming proudly.

"It's good to see you guys together."

"We're going up against Keiji Academy, please do not hold back. They're quite tough, and it would do well if you go all out to show your respect for them. Give it everything you've got."

The four nod in unison and agreement. With Hakuno back on their side, the team is without a doubt ready to give everything for the upcoming reunion match.

"Today's match is Captain game. The usual five on five."

Hakuno raises his hand quickly.

"Wait, five? We need one more then. Where are the other two?"

"Right here."

A bolt of lightning strikes nearby, shocking everyone else in the arena except for the four team members and Professor Ryoji.

Out of the dust cloud that followed the lightning is a silhouette. A human.

Bright, messy and wild blonde hair with black sunglasses that obscure his eyes. Large grin and lazy aura further amplifies the individual's look of 'ragged' or plain 'lazy'. His grin is comparable with Eiji Akashi's grin, if not even bigger.

> This guy... there's a limit to how big his smile can be. Happy boi.

"Long time no see, Haku-nou."

"It's No with a fast O, Kiseki. You haven't changed at all."

The students nearby whisper to each other.

"What, it's just Tatsuya Kiseki. Boring. I thought it was gonna be some fancy stuff."

Kiseki's head hangs upon hearing that.

"As always, trying to rack up a fan club." Hakuno smiles with his eyes closed.

"Let's not keep them waiting." Kurono puts his hand on Hakuno's shoulder, wanting the reunion to continue later.

Nodding, Hakuno and Kiseki walk with the other three towards the center of the arena where the other school's team is waiting.
-
"Both teams, align!"

The team of 5 consisting of Hakuno, Akashi, Kurono, Yuki and Kiseki stand in a line with their shoulders connected as the opposing team does the same.

"Bow!"

Both teams lower their heads and their body by extension, performing an honorable bow to their opponents.

"Let's have a good match!"

Having done the initial greetings, both teams move away from each other as their 5 minute interval starts, allowing each team to organize themselves for the upcoming session.

"It's been a really long time. I'm getting pumped." Kurono cracks his fingers, flexing them with such force they produce the vibrant sound of bone striking bone.

"Oh man, I'm totally wishing I didn't come to school today." Akashi sighs with a smile.

"Don't be like that. After all that work to get Shiro-kun back." Yuki complains at Akashi's joke.

"Go back home, emo kid. Hah, nah just kidding." Kiseki laughs.

"Maaan. Yuki is such a good friend. You three just know how to tease endlessly." Hakuno smiles.

"I'll show you who's boss. You'll regret calling me emo."

"Better live up to that, old friend." Kurono mocks.

"Shine like the sun, like how you always have." Akashi smiles.

"Damn right." Kiseki follows.
Chapter 1 - END
Yato Sig
Show
Gift from Kei
Show

Return to “Fanfiction / Stories”