NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

The Nautilus Project [WIP]

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

The Nautilus Project [WIP]

Post by Yandols » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:51 am

This is a story that im supposed to make for my college project,
However since there are one or two master authors here,
I might as well make it available for them to read once I've finished the first chapter.

In the meantime, here is the Synopsis/Starter/Prologue/Trailer/whatever-u-call-it ( i forgot the proper term for it >.< ).
Synopsis wrote:In a world, where technology and magic co-exists...
Many have tried to infuse magic with technology, many have failed...
But there is one man who was able to do the impossible. And that man is Kujas Gray.

Kujas Gray created "Nautilus Industries" in order to create magically infused appliances and vehicles for the average consumer's usage. Over the years, many other companies have followed suit using similar methods as Nautilus did.

Rufael Satoshi, an ordinary 22-year-old guy had just finished his studies and applied to work at Nautilus Industries. On his first day of work, he found out a dark secret about Nautilus Industries when he fell down a hole on a faulty panel on his way to his work department. Rufael discovered war machines and biological experiments that are being infused with magic. Startled by this, he ran away to look for an exit but instead accidentally ran into some sort of experimental chamber which set off an alarm and also causing a surge of lightning to shock him, knocking him out in the process.

Rufael then wakes up in the scrapyard somewhat closeby to his home. After running back home and taking a nice hot shower, his doorbell rang. When he went to check on it, Yaran Jiro - the CEO of "StarGen Corporation" was outside and insists that Rufael come along with him as there is an important matter involving Rufael that he must attend to.

What has Rufael gotten himself into?
What's going to happen to him?
Find out in Episode 1.
Coming Soon...
Concept Art
Show
Main Character - Rufael Satoshi

Concept Art Illustrated by Seth-Chan.
Chapters when available will be posted on the 2nd post in this thread.
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

Post by Yandols » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:53 am

This post will contain all the chapters of The Nautilus Project.
Click on a spoiler box to read that specific chapter.

Chapter 1
Show
[font=Lucida Console]----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Nautilus Project
Chapter 1 - Rememorization
v1.08b (C) Yandols Z'eon X 2013 - 2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

My name is Rufael Satoshi.

I was accepted as an employee of Nautilus Industries. A company well known for being the first to infuse magic and technology together.

I thought that I will start out as any other rookie in the company, but I was given a good position as well as a good pay.

I was given the job for simply managing the unified database of any new electronics being made.

I thought to myself while heading over to my department that it was an easy and happy job as I have quite the experience in database management.

However, I totally did not expect to fall down that damaged floor panel on my way there.

While falling, I was thinking whether or not I will survive the fall should it be of great height.

I think I passed out for at least a minute or two from the fall, but when came to my senses, I found myself in some kind of poorly lighted hallway.

I looked up but I couldn't even see the hole where I fell from.

I walked forwards through the hallway until I found some kind of door or passageway that was emitting some kind of blue luminance‎.

Passing through the door connecting the hallway and this area, I was shocked at what was in this brightly lighted room.

I had never imagined something like this was hidden somewhere inside Nautilus Industries.

I could easily identify that all of these are war machines, all of them towering above me with almost double my height as I walked past each one.

But why does Nautilus Industries have machines like this for? Could they actually be part of the military or something?

I continued walking through the room of war machines until I found capsules. No, not your ordinary capsule. By capsule I meant a transparent water tank where you can see some kind of experiments inside, like in those horror games.

Curious to what was inside these capsules, I went closer to look at them. I couldn't believe what I saw.

This is much more shocking than the war machines that I just passed by.

These are... Humans! with... wings?

What the heck... This is not right, why would Nautilus have something like this?! I can't believe it.

I slowly walked myself backwards, which I didn't knew was another capsule.

After knocking my head into it, I turned around to see another one right in front of my eyes.

I stared at it for a moment, and it suddenly opened its eyes.

I was so terrified that I ran past all the capsules.

I didn't know where I was going, but I ended up in some kind of square room filled with a cybernetic design all over its walls.

The door which I came from had disappeared and I was startled when an alarm suddenly got set off.

"Initiating Program C492018" was announced by a computer-generated voice from the speakers on the ceiling.

The room turned red and the cybernetic designs on the wall started to flow with visible electricity.

I was panicking and couldn't move an inch, standing right on the spot where I stopped after entering the room.

I was immediately hit by a surge of lightning...

"And the next thing I knew, I woke up in the scrapyard that was nearby my house."

"So thats everything that happened?"

"As far as I remember, yes... Thats about it."

"Interesting... We will begin investigation on this soon. I'll have the delta team informed so they know the current situation. As for you, you're free to roam around the complex or head home. This place is now authorized for your access."

"Thanks... I guess I'll be doing some sight seeing around here while heading home."

I was telling Yaran Jiro - The CEO of StarGen Corporation; about what happened to me at my first day of work yesterday at Nautilus Industries.

As I walk out of his office and his automatic sliding door closes, I remember what he said about Nautilus Industries before I exited the office.

"We have beliefs that Nautilus Industries are actually an organization that plans to overtake this city with their top secret projects. Some of these top secret projects of theirs were leaked to us years ago from an unknown origin."

Walking down the hallway which leads to the atrium, I continued visualizing everything that he mentioned.

"While these projects of theirs clearly indicate that they are up to no good, we have no proof over all these years. Because of this, we are in no position to start a public debate on whether or not Nautilus Industries are actually doing this..."

"...But then we found you. I know its hard to believe that Nautilus Industries are actually up to no good, but you saw for yourself what they have in store. God knows what department."

As I almost reached the exit of the StarGen Complex, I was trying to remember how did he manage to find me in the first place.

"Just in case what we speculate over the years were true, we created a beacon which will be able to detect any magic anomalies around each of the big companies here in Katsushuou City..."

"...In which, managed to detect a very strange flow of magical energy coming directly from Nautilus Industries..."

"...It was only for a brief moment, then we picked up a strange magical energy reading that came from your residence, which apparently was coming from you."

"Me!? But how? I'm just a regular guy who just graduated from college."

"No need to panic, scanners have already analyzed you as you passed through the corridors leading to this office..."

"...We can't say for sure what happened to you back there in Nautilus, but we can be sure that it has embedded you with great magical abilities."

My visualization comes to a end as I disembarked from the transit I was on.

When I got off the rapid-line, I felt a cold chill around my spine as I noticed someone wearing a black formal suit staring at me from afar.

He then disappeared into the crowd after everyone else on the rapid-line got off too.

It then got me thinking that I might be someone wanted by Nautilus now, but what about my work there? I haven't even started yet.

Well, I calmed down after that thought and continued my way home.

As I arrive home, I immediately noticed something doesn't seem the same as before I left my house.

I went in and found a beautiful young brunette that seems to be waiting for my presence.

The words "Welcome home, Master!" came out of the mouth of the girl in front of me.

"Wwww...what did you say!? Master?" I replied in confusion.

"Yes. My name is Aisha, Aisha Midako. And from today onwards, I will be serving and protecting you from any harm that may be done by another party."

"Wait a minute. What other party? What harm? Are you from StarGen?"

"I am affiliated with them yes, but no, I am not from said company."

"Then where do you come from?! Nautilus!?"

"Oh heavens no. I am what most people call a Force Guardian."

"A force guardian?"

"Yes, and I come from Halcyon."

"Halcyon? Wait, isn't that the company that invented the Halphone?"

"Correct young master. I have been sent here by my superiors to aid you with your powers and train you how to use them efficently in the upcoming war against Nautilus."

"War against Nautilus!? What have I gotten myself into???"

I raised my tone of voice as I am utterly confused of whats going on and whats going to happen to me.

"Please remain calm young master, would you like some strawberries to help you calm down?"

"Wait... How do you even know that I like strawberries!?"

"Your brother told me all about you."

"My brother? Baldur?"

"Yes, I arrived here awhile ago but you were no-where to be found. And I happened to run into him so he told me everything about you and how you got your job at Nautilus."

"Waaaaa... Wait... Where is he now?"

"Your brother Baldur is currently in the kitchen. He seems to be in a quite happy mood. Would you like to see him?"

Without answering her last question, I rushed into the kitchen to check on my brother.

"Baldur!!"

"Ah Rufael, aren't you a lucky little bastard. You got that pretty lady all to yourself while here I am not knowing anything."

"Baldur, its a misunderstanding. And furthermore can you please explain to me whats going on?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself? She's right behind you."

"EH!? When did you get behind me?"

"I teleported."

"You what?"

"Its a pretty easy ability to learn and master, I can teach you if you want to."

Without haste, Aisha immediately started teaching me about it, she didnt even wait for me to respond to her question about it.

Meanwhile, at the Hagan Transit Station...

A man in a black formal suit is sitting on the bench, the station is strangely empty with no-one else.

"Status Report."

A young boy's voice came out of his pocket.

"I've lost sight of C492018."

The man in black replied to the portable radio transmitter he was holding.

"I see. Maintain position, an S4 squad is on its way to your current location."

"Affirmative. Sir, what else should I do?"

"Scout around your surroundings without leave where you currently are and await for further orders from the S4 Squad."

"Roger that."

"Right, Dale out."

The radio signal terminates and the man in the black suit puts the transmitter away, awaiting for his S4 squad to arrive...

Back at the Satoshi Residence...

"See! Its not as hard as you thought!"

"Yeah, only this last step is frikkin easier than the ones I did earlier. Honestly Aisha, when you introduced me to magic, I thought it would be all about chants and stuff like that."

"Well, there are what you call 'chants' versions of Magic as well."

"Couldn't you have tought me those instead?"

"But these methods are so much quicker than needing to-"

"You know what, let's continue this tomorrow. Its almost dinner time anyways, I'm sure Baldur is done cooking by now. I'll go check the kitchen."

"Alright."

Leaving Aisha alone in the backyard, I went back into the house and into the kitchen to check on my brother's preparations with dinner.

"Is dinner ready yet?"

"Almost! You two keep having fun together, I'll call you when its done!"

"Isn't there anything I can help you with?"

"Not this time, I've got everything under control. Why don't you bring your girl inside and watch the television for the time being."

"I said she's not my woman!"

"Hah, whatever just be patient with dinner alright?"

"Fine..."

I left the kitchen and went to call Aisha back into the House.

We both sat down in the living room and watched whats already on TV.

Apparently it was the news...

"...and Halcyon will be releasing its latest HalX8 by next Monday! We hope that this new phone will be much more powerful than the current HalX7!"

After seeing news about the new HalX8, I glanced briefly at my phone, the HalX5. And thought to myself...

"The new HalX8 huh? Might probably be able to afford it if this didnt happen to me."

I suddenly thought up about my job at Nautilus, what will become of it...

I haven't even started Day 1 to know how its like there, and yet this happens...

Maybe I shouldn't have applied to work there in the first place.

Maybe I should have just stick to my part-time job at 24-7.

I looked at Aisha, then I thought that if this didn't happen to me, I wouldn't have met such a beautiful girl like her.

I hope we can get along fine...

"Hey Aisha, how is-"

"DINNUR.... is served!"

I was interrupted by Baldur before I could even start my conversation with Aisha.

But thats alright, I'll ask her later.

*Bing Bong*

"Now who could that be?" i wondered.

"I'll get it, you two go on ahead an eat."

"Yay human food! I haven't had any for a while now..."

Meanwhile, Baldur opened the door, to see a young boy in orange that appears to be around 13 of age, asking...

"Могу ли я говорить с владельцем дома?"

"I beg your pardon? I don't understand-"

Suddenly, a bright flash of light shot from the young boy's eye that knocked Baldur.

Aisha and I noticed the white flash and immediately went to check whats going on.

"BALDUR!? What happened!? Is everything alr-"

[font=Lucida Console]-- To Be Continued.[/font]
Chapter 2 coming soon!

Feel free to add a comment below! It will be much appreciated :D (You must be logged in to do this)
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Return to “Fanfiction / Stories”