NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

I need Help with school!

Topic author
Nick
Articles:0

Badges

I need Help with school!

Post by Nick » Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 am

I need to know stuff about malaysia. For School!!
Its a Project I'm doing with a friend its for Geography.
My friend thought of Malaysia for some reason And I'm Lucky Because I know you guys :D
So Please Tell me some stuff that I need to know about Malaysia. Tell me something about the history if there are alot of poor or rich ppl there idk just tell stuff that are in Geography lessons?
Help me and you will get a Like?

Topic author
Nick

Badges

Post by Nick » Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 am

I need to know stuff about malaysia. For School!!
Its a Project I'm doing with a friend its for Geography.
My friend thought of Malaysia for some reason And I'm Lucky Because I know you guys :D
So Please Tell me some stuff that I need to know about Malaysia. Tell me something about the history if there are alot of poor or rich ppl there idk just tell stuff that are in Geography lessons?
Help me and you will get a Like?

Yandols

Badges

Post by Yandols » Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 am

Merged.

I'm never good with Sejarah so I'm sorry. You'd have to wait for someone that are still schooling as they might know better.
Like Nova, Joizer, Nopi, Luna, etc.
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Topic author
Nick

Badges

Post by Nick » Tue May 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you Yandols.
Can you please the delete my second post? because I dont know how it is possible that i double posted my text :\

Joizer

Badges

Post by Joizer » Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Sejarah/History eh? Well, *opens text book* about my country, *quotes & translate* errhm..

History Background :- Relationship with the Sultan/king(something like that) of Brunei & Sulu,
Sabah's Community :- Ethnic & placement group(wtf)
Sociocultural Activities :- Education,Rules & customs(O.o),Religion & trust,Art.

EDIT: This info is in form 1/grade 7/or wadever u call it.
2nd EDIT: I'll post some more when i have the time star.
Spoiler
Show
Old Siggies
Show

Saechika

Post by Saechika » Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 am

Geography? My turn i guess? *opens textbook* ok it sucks imma use my sucky knowledge for this.

Form 2 information:
Well technically our country is overpopulated. Theres food but recently its not enough for the people anymore since they're more foreign workers coming in day by day. Well technology is okay, and the climate affects the weather here. It's hot most of the time and it rains once in a while unless if we're in the rainy season, where it starts raining porks and beef. Our education system has been fucked up (don't include that).
Yato Sig
Show
Gift from Kei
Show

zero exe

Badges

Post by zero exe » Wed May 25, 2011 10:28 am

Malaysia
Show
Malaysia (Listeni /məˈleɪʒə/ mə-lay-zhə or Listeni /məˈleɪsiə/ mə-lay-see-ə) is a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia. It consists of thirteen states and three federal territories and has a total landmass of 329,847 square kilometres (127,350 sq mi). It is separated by the South China Sea into two regions, Peninsular Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo (also known as West and East Malaysia respectively). Land borders are shared with Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei, and maritime borders exist with Singapore, Vietnam, and the Philippines. Peninsular Malaysia is connected to Singapore via two bridges, one which transports traffic and water and a second link just for traffic. The capital city is Kuala Lumpur, while Putrajaya is the seat of the federal government. The population is over 27.5 million.

Malaysia has its origins in the Malay Kingdoms present in the area which, from the 18th century, became subject to the British Empire. The first British territories were known as the Straits Settlements, with the other states forming protectorates. The states on Peninsular Malaysia, then known as Malaya, was first unified as the Malayan Union in 1946. Malaya was restructured as the Federation of Malaya in 1948, and achieved independence on 31 August 1957. Malaya united with Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore to form Malaysia on 16 September 1963. However, less than two years later in 1965, Singapore was expelled from the federation, and became an independent city state. Since independence, Malaysia has had one of the best economic records in Asia, with GDP growing an average 6.5% for almost 50 years. The economy has traditionally been fuelled by its natural resources, but is now expanding in the sectors of science, tourism, commerce and medical tourism.

The head of state is the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, an elected monarch chosen from the hereditary rulers of the nine Malay states every five years. The head of government is the Prime Minister. The government system is closely modelled on the Westminster parliamentary system and the legal system is based on English Common Law. The country is multi-ethnic and multi-cultural, factors that influence its culture and play a large role in politics.

Malaysia contains the southernmost point of continental Eurasia, Tanjung Piai, and is located near the equator and has a tropical climate. It has a biodiverse range of flora and fauna, and is considered a megadiverse country. It is a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the Organisation of the Islamic Conference, and a member of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the Non-Aligned Movement.
History
Show
Evidence of human habitation in Malaysia dates back 40,000 years,[25] with the first inhabitants of the Malay Peninsula probably being Negritos.[26] Traders and settlers from India and China arrived as early as the 1st century CE, establishing trading ports and towns in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Both had a strong influence on the local culture. Around this time, the people of the Malay Peninsula adopted the religions of Hinduism and Buddhism, and Sanskrit inscriptions appear as early as the 4th or 5th century.[27] Between the 7th and the 13th century, much of the Malay Peninsula was under the Srivijaya empire. After the fall of Srivijaya, the Java-based Majapahit empire had influence over most of Peninsular Malaysia and the Malay Archipelago.[28] In the early 15th century, Parameswara, a prince of the former Srivijayan empire, founded what would become the Malacca Sultanate, commonly considered the first independent state in the peninsula.[29] Parameswara became a Muslim, and due to this the conversion of Malays to Islam accelerated in the 15th century.[3] Malacca was an important commercial centre during this time, attracting trade from around the region.[3]
Stained ruin of a stone building, showing a central arch, flanked by two columns, with a stone relief above the arch, also flanked by two columns, and a second free-standing arch perched on the very top of the ruin.
A Famosa fortress in Malacca was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century

In 1511 Malacca was conquered by Portugal,[3] after which it was taken from Portugal by the Dutch.[28] In 1786 the British Empire set foot in Malaya, with the lease of the island of Penang to the British East India Company by the sultan of Kedah,[30] which was followed by the gaining of Singapore.[31] In 1824, the British took control of Malacca following the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824. By 1826 the British controlled Penang, Malacca, Singapore, and the island of Labuan, which they established as the crown colony of the Straits Settlements. By the 20th century, the states of Pahang, Selangor, Perak, and Negeri Sembilan, known together as the Federated Malay States, had British Residents appointed to advise the Malay rulers, whom the rulers were bound by treaty to defer to.[32] The remaining five states in the peninsula, known as the Unfederated Malay States, while not directly under British rule, also accepted British advisers around the turn of the 20th century. Development on the Peninsula and Borneo were generally separate until the 19th century.[28] Sabah was governed as the crown colony of British North Borneo. In 1842, Sarawak was ceded by the Sultan of Brunei to James Brooke, whose successors ruled as the White Rajahs over an independent kingdom until 1946, when it became a British colony.

During World War II, the Japanese army invaded and subsequently occupied Malaya, Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore for over three years. During this time, ethnic tensions were raised and nationalism grew.[33] Popular support for independence increased after Malaya was reconquered by Allied Forces.[34] Post-war British plans to unite the administration of Malaya under a single crown colony called the Malayan Union met with strong opposition from the Malays, who opposed the weakening of the Malay rulers and the granting of citizenship to the ethnic Chinese.[35] The Malayan Union, established in 1946 and consisting of all the British possessions in the Malay peninsula with the exception of Singapore, was dissolved in 1948 and replaced by the Federation of Malaya, which restored the autonomy of the rulers of the Malay states under British protection. During this time, rebels under the leadership of the Malayan Communist Party launched guerrilla operations designed to force the British out of Malaya. The Malayan Emergency lasted from 1948 to 1960, and involved a long anti-insurgency campaign by Commonwealth troops in Malaya. In 1963 Malaya, along with the then British crown colonies of Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore, federated to form Malaysia. The proposed date of federation was 31 August 1963, however, the date was delayed until 16 September 1963 due to opposition from Indonesia's Sukarno and the Sarawak United Peoples' Party.[36]
An ornate fountain at left with steps leading up to a wall with some of Malaysia's state flags on it.
Merdeka Square in Kuala Lumpur, where Independence Day is celebrated on 31 August each year

Independence brought heightened tensions including a conflict with Indonesia (Konfrontasi) over the formation of Malaysia, Singapore's eventual exit in 1965,[37][38] and racial strife which caused the 13 May race riots in 1969.[39] After the riots, the controversial New Economic Policy was launched by Prime Minister Tun Abdul Razak, trying to increase the share of the economy held by the bumiputra. The country has since maintained a delicate ethno-political balance, with a system of government that has attempted to combine overall economic development with political and economic policies that promote equitable participation of all races.[40]

Under Mahathir bin Mohamad there was a period of rapid economic growth and urbanization beginning in the 1980s. This period saw a shift from an agriculture-based economy to one based on manufacturing and industry. The physical landscape of the country changed with the emergence of numerous mega-projects, such as the Petronas Towers, the North-South Expressway, the Multimedia Super Corridor, and the new federal administrative capital of Putrajaya.[41] In the late 1990s, Malaysia was shaken by the Asian financial crisis as well as political unrest caused by the sacking of the deputy prime minister Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim.[42] In November 2007, the country was rocked by two anti-government rallies. They were precipitated by allegations of corruption and discrepancies in the election system that heavily favoured the ruling political party, National Front, which had been in power since Malaysia achieved its independence in 1957.[43]
Geography
Show
Malaysia is the 43rd most populated country and the 66th largest country by total land area in the world, with a population of about 28 million and a land area of around 329,847 square kilometres (127,355 sq mi). It has land borders with Thailand in West Malaysia, and Indonesia and Brunei in East Malaysia.[2] It is linked to Singapore by a narrow causeway, and also has maritime boundaries with Vietnam[90] and the Philippines.[91] The land borders are defined in large part by geological features such as the Perlis River, Golok River and the Pagalayan Canal, whilst some of the maritime boundaries are the subject of ongoing contention.[2] Malaysia is the only country with territory on both the Asian mainland and the Malay archipelago,[92] and Tanjung Piai, located in the southern state of Johor, is the southernmost tip of continental Asia.[93][94] The Strait of Malacca, lying between Sumatra and Peninsular Malaysia, is arguably the most important shipping lane in the world.[95]

The two parts of Malaysia, separated from each other by the South China Sea, share a largely similar landscape in that both West (Peninsula) and East Malaysia feature coastal plains rising to hills and mountains.[2] Peninsular Malaysia, containing 40% of Malaysia's land area,[92] extends 740 kilometres (460 mi) from north to south, and its maximum width is 322 kilometres (200 mi).[96] It is divided between its east and west coasts by the Titiwangsa Mountains,[97] part of a series of mountain ranges running down the centre of the peninsula.[92] These mountains are heavily forested,[98] and mainly composed of granite and other igneous rocks. Much of it has been eroded, creating a karst landscape.[92] The range is the origin of some of Peninsular Malaysia's river systems.[98] The coastal plains surrounding the peninsula reach a maximum width of 50 kilometres (31 mi), and the peninsula's coastline is nearly 1,931 kilometres (1,200 mi) long, although harbours are only available on the western side.[96]

East Malaysia, on the island of Borneo, has a coastline of 2,607 kilometres (1,620 mi).[2] It is divided between coastal regions, hills and valleys, and a mountainous interior.[92] The Crocker Range extends northwards from Sarawak,[92] dividing the state of Sabah. It is the location of Mount Kinabalu.[99] Mount Kinabalu, at 4,095.2 metres (13,436 ft), is the tallest mountain in Malaysia and is protected as Kinabalu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.[100] The highest mountain ranges form the border between Malaysia and Indonesia. Sarawak contains the Mulu Caves, the largest cave system in the world.[92]

Around these two halves of Malaysia are numerous islands, the largest of which is Labuan.[101] The local climate is equatorial and characterised by the annual southwest (April to October) and northeast (October to February) monsoons.[96] The temperature is moderated by the presence of the surrounding oceans.[92] Humidity is usually high, and the average rainfall is 250 centimetres (98 in).[96] Kuala Lumpur is the capital[2] and the largest city in Malaysia,[102] as well as its main commercial and financial centre.[103] Putrajaya is the seat of government,[104] as many executive and judicial branches of the federal government were moved there to ease growing congestion within Kuala Lumpur.[105]
More infos...
Show
Does this count?

Yandols

Badges

Post by Yandols » Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 pm

It most probably counts as it seems to be very useful, but I'm too lazy to review it.

Joizer

Badges

Post by Joizer » Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 am

wow,zero sure did post a BIG TIME <- lul
Spoiler
Show
Old Siggies
Show

Saechika

Post by Saechika » Thu May 26, 2011 6:45 am

o3o nice one Zero. But it's a little too long don't you think? XD
Yato Sig
Show
Gift from Kei
Show

zero exe

Badges

Post by zero exe » Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 am

Ikr. I got it from wiki. Btw, I didn't read anything I wrote, I just C+P it. xD

Yandols

Badges

Post by Yandols » Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 am

I'm sure it will help, but its TOO DETAILED. LOL XD.

Topic author
Nick

Badges

Post by Nick » Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

Yea I need some simple and importent stuff :)
But thanks for searching Zero :D

Joizer

Badges

Post by Joizer » Fri May 27, 2011 3:43 am

StarbusterX wrote:
Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 am
Yea I need some simple and importent stuff :)
But thanks for searching Zero :D
oh,ur not thanking me & nova EH?!!
Spoiler
Show
Old Siggies
Show

zero exe

Badges

Post by zero exe » Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 am

^ Lol. I saw that coming.
@Star No problem, but you need to thank Nova and Joizer, they're the ones who actually take time to help you. All what I did was c+p what I saw. :p

Return to “Central Lounge”