NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

Ragnarok Server Back Online

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

Post by Yandols » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 am

About the Forums...
So yeah, the forum reconstruction I was doing a few months ago went into a halt due to a lot of things like college and events holding me up.
I will get everything done eventually, and bring this place a complete makeover.
But I have no set date for when I will permanently return to this forums, but when I do, I will bring some new members here.

Recently because of my friends, I have regain my interest back in Ragnarok Online (1 not 2, the current RO2 sucks balls).
And with that I have set-up a new server with the latest server program and revision.

In contrast to Rocknarok Online, I now bring Silver Resonance Ragnarok Online, which contains almost nothing similar to Rocknarok Online.
This server is created completely from scratch as I have lost all files relating to Rocknarok Online, I would appreciate if any of you guys still have some of the server-side files I shared around before so I can use them on this new server.
Information:
The server version is on iRO Episode 14.2 - Eclage (Ragnarok Renewal).
Yes, I am now basing the server and data on iRO instead of kRO.
One of the reasons because kRO system has changed so much that its too hard for me to catch up since I have left RO for over 2 years.
I use iRO now because the change is not as drastic as kRO and almost everything is already in English.
At the moment, custom content will be kept to a minimum to conserve bandwidth and memory usage.

Server-Specific Information:
Server is running on rAthena GIT (Renewal)
Rates are 12x/12x/20x (Formerly 12x/12x/10x)
Operating Hours: 24/7 (at best effort)
Latency: <200ms ping for Malaysia Region, <100ms ping for Sabah/Labuan Region.
NOT Running on Dedicated Server.

Head to this website, then register for an account and you're good to go!

Download Links:
Client:
SRRO Build 2122.rar
SRRO Build 2127.rar
SRRO Build 2130_aligned.rar
SRRO Build 2135.rar

Full Game:
Download from Steam.
If you don't like iRO or Steam, you can use kRO but it is untested for this server.

Read here for a full guide to installing the game from Steam: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Rocknarok_Center/topic/5290539/1/

Troubleshooting:
The troubleshooting guide has been moved here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Rocknarok_Center/topic/5331661/1/
Old Troubleshooting Guide
Show
Spoiler
Show
  • The game won't start, nothing happens when I press on SRRAG.exe
    Solution: Use SilverResonance.exe and login using the credentials you registered on the site.
  • Why must I use this to start the game? Why can't I login from in-game anymore?
    Solution: Gravity removed the in-game login system due to unknown reason, and thus it is impossible to play the game without using this new launcher.
  • I get this error after the game started:

Solution: Please Ignore it, it will appear every time the game is started and does not affect the game in any way.
  • Failed to connect to server (1)
    Solution: The client i uploaded may have shipped with LAN settings. Run SR-Switch.exe and press on Online to switch to Online mode.
  • Same error still occurs, cannot connect to server.
    Solution: Server might be down for maintenance or there might be an outage at hosting area. Check the control panel for the server status.
  • I see "Odin" but the game freezes after selecting it.
    Solution: Turn off your firewall.
  • Ping is extremely high and the game is barely playable.
    Solution: I am no longer hosting on a dedicated server, I am using a shared connection and the server is situated at my friend's house where his dad always likes to hog the internet from time to time, nothing we can do about. If you like to stay on the server, please bare with us until we get a dedicated server again. (They are expensive, just so you know)
  • While playing, the game suddenly crashed.

Solution: Please copy and post the full error report in the bug report section so we can look into it, and also provide details of what were you trying to do before it crashed.
  • My character suddenly cannot move or I can't type but I can access shortcut keys.
    Solution: ALT+Tab out and ALT+Tab back in again, that should fix it. If it happens again then do it again.

Last words...
Just so you know, I did not create this new server for profit or anything.
I am just trying to re-introduce the game Ragnarok Online and at the same time trying to revive the community and letting everyone play together on this new server I've set up.
If this new Ragnarok Server of ours gets successful, we will definitely consider getting a dedicated server to run it where the latency will be low to players from all over the world.
I did mention that I am not doing this for profit, but once we get a dedicated server, donations are welcome to keep the server running.
If you have an idea or two on how we can improve our server in any way, please feel free to contact me.
I am mostly active on facebook so you can send me a PM there as well.

Sincerly,
Yandols Z'eon X
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

nopihina

Badges

Post by nopihina » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 am

Can you upload an alternative link for the download? Mediafire hates me with its captcha.

Retard #1. If you see this, you are Retard #2! Put this at ur sig XD

Nirvaxstiel

Badges

Post by Nirvaxstiel » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Aaaah, just the right timing. I was itching to play RO for the past few weeks.

And I THINK that I might still have some of those old custom npc scripts you shared. I'll go dig around and upload them if I find any.

Topic author
Yandols

Badges

Post by Yandols » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 am

A new client update has been released and it is strongly recommended to update to this version as soon as possible.

The new client update (build 2130) changelog follows:
* Fixed lvl 99 crash if not yet rebirth.
* Fixed some hotbar keys not pressable. (This will wipe your hotkeys)
* Fixed possibility of crashing when using commands.
* Fixed localization.
* Aligned messages table.
* Made Party Chat a different color to easily identify it from other messages.

Download Link: SRRO Build 2130_aligned.rar

On a side note, the control panel website has been updated and redesigned.

Nirvaxstiel

Badges

Post by Nirvaxstiel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I've uploaded a mirror for the download.

Mirror: SRRO Build 2130_aligned.rar - MEGA

Topic author
Yandols

Badges

Post by Yandols » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for the mirror.

Forum + Server Related Update:
I've made new forum sections that are designated for SRRO.
Use them whenever needed.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Rocknarok_Center/forum/1051853/

Edit: Made step by step install tutorial here:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Rocknarok_Center/topic/5290539/1/

Nirvaxstiel

Badges

Post by Nirvaxstiel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:26 am

Mirror: SRRO Build 2135.rar - Mega
Size: 28.052 MB

Return to “News & Announcements”