NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

Gaming Server Status

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

Gaming Server Status

Post by Yandols » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:36 am

Gaming Server Status I know its kind of late, but I'd like to formally announce the status of the Ragnarok Server.
It appears due to too many problems, we are unable to maintain the Ragnarok Server and have decided to suspend it.
All associated data is backed up and kept safe though in the event we revive the server again in the future.

To replace the Ragnarok Server, I am reviving my Minecraft Server in its place.
My Minecraft server - known as the Silver Resonance Minecraft Closed Beta Test; is a server that I've kept running for almost a year.
Unlike the ragnarok server, this is a dedicated minecraft server that is running 24/7 with minimum ping and lag for everyone to enjoy.

A Little History about the Minecraft Server:

I purchased this dedicated server almost a year ago due to popular demand,
I've been doing Minecraft server hosting sessions from time to time in the past (hence the name Closed Beta Test) that was running from my laptop.
It was too inefficient due to me having to host and play on the same computer and my internet isn't exactly very fast.
However, the community loved the server, world, and other players and wanted me to continue hosting the server.
I wasn't able to because I had to move out of Labuan because during that time I was going to enroll for college, where the dorms had no Internet at all.

In 2013, I made the decision to buy a dedicated server for Minecraft to keep the world running and so everyone can join the server at any time.
In the beginning I set too many limitations and enforced everyone to live in a single town near the spawn,
but eventually I found out that this ruined the fun and removed those limitations to let everyone create their own faction and city.

Everyone had a lot of fun on the server,
However, due to my busy college life schedule, I had little to no time to maintain the server, and thus was left at 1.5.2 for quite a long time.
Because the server was left at 1.5.2 and Minecraft was already up to 1.7, nobody would want to play on a older server and temporary migrated to somewhere else.
As I made a 1 year contract with the hoster, I am unable to cancel it, and it would be a waste of money not to continue development for the server,
so I decided to revive the server and update it to the latest Minecraft version.

I am currently spending some of my free time into the development of this server to upgrade it to the latest Minecraft version.
I may or may not have any time at all to post about the status of the server's return,
but I am confident that it will be (re)launched within this month.

For those that have been playing with us on the server before,
you'd be delighted to know that I will make sure that everything will be in order and your progress of anything you might be making is still intact.

For those that are new to the server, you are free to explore the world once you have logged into the game.

In any case, to everyone, stay tuned for more updates on when the server is going to be (re)launched :)

~ Yandols / Admin Zeon
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Return to “News & Announcements”