NOTICE: If you are a returning member, please reset your password to be able to log in as your old password can no longer be used. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder in case the reset consent mail lands there. Additionally, you may not reply to or start new topics outside of the non-archive zone.

The End of The Rocknarok Center

Topic author
Yandols
Articles:0

Badges

The End of The Rocknarok Center

Post by Yandols » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:45 am

Hello Rocknarians!

If you are reading this, then you probably have received the mass email that I’ve sent out not too long ago. In any case, I have a few things that I need to mention.

First of all, as you may have already known, this place has been fairly, well not just fairly but very inactive in the recent years.
I have tried multiple times in the past to get this place back alive again but my attempts were undoubtedly short lived.
Unlike in the past, I have now become very bad at keeping in touch with friends and acquaintances, and normally keep silent until otherwise approached.

Because of this, I finally made the decision to close this place down, putting TRRC - The Rocknarok Center (originally The Rockman and Ragnarok Center) to its eternal rest.
You may have noticed that the URL has changed to archive.rocknarok.xyz.
The reason for this is because all forum sections have been locked down and no new threads can be made as of this posting, essentially turning this place into an archive.
At this time, this will be the only thread you will be able to respond to should you wish to do so.

In addition to the closure of our forums, ZetaBoards - the forum system this place is hosted on - is reaching its end of life (EoL) and will shut down soon.
At this moment, it’s unknown when it will happen. But once they pull the plug, our forum will be erased from existence.

My original intention was to archive the forum so anyone can come back anytime.
However with ZetaBoards shutting down, having all of our memories deleted is really heartbreaking.

However, there is someone at the ZetaBoards support forum who is currently providing a service to scrape the entire forum off its database so that we can export it to another forum system.
I will try to work with this person to get all our data off the platform so we can preserve it in an actual archive on a server I own so our memories will live on.

In other news, if you want to get in touch with one another once again, I created a Discord server you can join by following this link: https://discord.gg/mPpWjkZ.
Discord is a modern text and voice chat service. Basically IRC, Skype, and TeamSpeak combined.
Whether or not this new place on Discord will be active or not I cannot foresee or guarantee, but it’s a place where we can all get together again.

With that said, thank you all for being a part of the community for as long as you did.

Sincerely,
Yandols.
I'm Yandols. The Founder and Head Admin of this place.
Please contact me immediately if you encounter any problems.

Return to “News & Announcements”